food sealer

which one are you using and how often?
been thinking about getting one but dont know which to get or if its even cost effective

We use the Foodsaver 2200 series and that machine will last us a couple years of using it 4-6 times per month. We’ve tried the more expensive ones but almost never use all the extra options. We buy the foodsaver brand pint and quart bags off amazon and buy the machine from ebay.

It’s great for saving leftovers. I’ll also do a “cook day” once a month where i’ll grill 20 pounds of chicken breasts, smoke a couple butts and cook some other stuff then vac seal it all in individual or two-person portions and freeze it for later use. Very cost efficient and convenient.

12C3C216-80E6-46AD-84C3-B9DF74FF5AEC.jpeg
1DE2C922-0B5E-49B6-86B0-22B22CA495B0.jpegF7D1B178-2A5E-46D3-988D-5510D0C4DA76.jpeg

I got the Foodsaver space saving model from Walmart for about $79. We use it constantly and love it. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles like the $300+ models but I wasn’t sure we were going to like it or use it much. But we do use it all the time and it’s great…I still don’t regret not buying the loaded model as the inexpensive space saver works great as is.

I was told by a friend that his experience was to always by “foodsaver” brand rolls, as the aftermarket ones failed often. We only use the rolls and cut to length as needed. Buying the bags is a waste of money.

My wife does a lot of meal prep and freezes portions for us consistently.

We use the Foodsaver 2200 series and that machine will last us a couple years of using it 4-6 times per month. We’ve tried the more expensive ones but almost never use all the extra options. We buy the foodsaver brand pint and quart bags off amazon and buy the machine from ebay.

It’s great for saving leftovers. I’ll also do a “cook day” once a month where i’ll grill 20 pounds of chicken breasts, smoke a couple butts and cook some other stuff then vac seal it all in individual or two-person portions and freeze it for later use. Very cost efficient and convenient.

View attachment 5351214
View attachment 5351265View attachment 5351266
exactly what i want to do too.

I got the Foodsaver space saving model from Walmart for about $79. We use it constantly and love it. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles like the $300+ models but I wasn’t sure we were going to like it or use it much. But we do use it all the time and it’s great…I still don’t regret not buying the loaded model as the inexpensive space saver works great as is.

I was told by a friend that his experience was to always by “foodsaver” brand rolls, as the aftermarket ones failed often. We only use the rolls and cut to length as needed. Buying the bags is a waste of money.

My wife does a lot of meal prep and freezes portions for us consistently.
yeah i dont need no damn bells/whistles either. just suck and seal. lol

If you plan on sealing meats or liquids/(soups), you should consider a chamber vacuum sealer. It cost more to buy the machine, the bags are cheaper and in my opinion is better. Check out vacuum sealers unlimited website. Vac master machines are working great. Good luck!

If you plan on sealing meats or liquids/(soups), you should consider a chamber vacuum sealer. It cost more to buy the machine, the bags are cheaper and in my opinion is better. Check out vacuum sealers unlimited website. Vac master machines are working great. Good luck!
why not just freeze them first then put that into a bag then seal and go.

Back
Top Bottom