• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

For the Vets

Rougaroux73

Default rank <200 posts Supporter
Tracker
1   0
Reaction score
I know that Thank You will never fill the void. I know a hand shake will never pay the debts. I know that you may feel alone, or forgotten. Especially by your country and fellow country men. I know there will never be enough gratitude to ease the pain. Nothing will replace the fallen, the left behind or the brothers and sisters lost.
I know that no one who hasn't walked a mile in your boots could or would ever understand, but...
I do know that there are many of us here in this country who care about you. Many of us that are grateful for you all. Many of us that wish and pray the best for you all. Many of us that are proud to stand by you.
Many of us that see the sacrifices you have made. Many of us...

I am not looking for recognition in this post. I am just simply reaching out to say,
You are loved and respected by many of us.

That is a kind sentiment. I remember visiting a friend who had gotten blown up, later, when he was being treated at Walter Reed. Eventually, they moved him to a hotel in Silver Spring. When I went to visit him at the latter, walking toward the hotel, I would see so many fit young men who were amputees milling about in the immediate area. I was still a soldier involved in frequent deployments at that time, but it gave me a sense of perspective I have kept and maintained for not only the dead but also the people who will spend the rest of their lives deeply scarred from their service. Those people specifically I think people should have appreciation for, not people like me who came away mostly unscathed.

That is a kind sentiment. I remember visiting a friend who had gotten blown up, later, when he was being treated at Walter Reed. Eventually, they moved him to a hotel in Silver Spring. When I went to visit him at the latter, walking toward the hotel, I would see so many fit young men who were amputees milling about in the immediate area. I was still a soldier involved in frequent deployments at that time, but it gave me a sense of perspective I have kept and maintained for not only the dead but also the people who will spend the rest of their lives deeply scarred from their service. Those people specifically I think people should have appreciation for, not people like me who came away mostly unscathed.
Man...i agree, but the fact that you are and were there in both stages means more than i could ever fathom.

Back
Top Bottom