• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

For the Vets

That is a kind sentiment. I remember visiting a friend who had gotten blown up, later, when he was being treated at Walter Reed. Eventually, they moved him to a hotel in Silver Spring. When I went to visit him at the latter, walking toward the hotel, I would see so many fit young men who were amputees milling about in the immediate area. I was still a soldier involved in frequent deployments at that time, but it gave me a sense of perspective I have kept and maintained for not only the dead but also the people who will spend the rest of their lives deeply scarred from their service. Those people specifically I think people should have appreciation for, not people like me who came away mostly unscathed.
You all deserve thanks and appreciation from us here at the home front. It is because of the likes of y’all that we remain free !

Well, I did (assist in) bring(ing) down the Iron Curtain! Very glad to have played my part. Being prepared and willing (and eager) to shoot a live nuke seems to impress or freak out people.

Back
Top Bottom