• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

For those that do some RV Camping

I used to keep a caa Roni kit in my RV. I carried my g17 concealed and if I needed a more stable platform I could throw it in the Roni fast. I also stored 4 33round mags for it in a small sling pack with an ifak blowout kit. The Roni was set up with a trijicon rmr and flash light module. It worked out great because I never left an actual firearm in it while out and about.
I run a different set up currently but I feel it is over kill so I will most likely go back to the Roni but go with the g19 size kit since I have swapped to that from the 17.
Great question.

Don't any of you guys think about the movie "Deliverance"? You know stranger things have happened. I don't camp anymore but if I did, I would not even think about going camping without an AK or AK and a pistol with extra mags for me and my wife. Maybe even a shotgun. Times are desperate and desperate people with no consciences do desperate things.

I sure would not consider walking the Appalachian Trail without a pistol and extra ammo of some kind. You know things DO HAPPEN even if rare, I would rather not need it than need it and not have it.

I have also been hurt bad at least 30 miles from medical care down dirt roads and would take a pretty through medical kit with me. Things happen when we least expect it. If we expected something to happen we would probably just stay home.

Me and GF take our EDC. There’s a box of shells in the camper and I keep 2 spare clips and a box in the truck. Basic survival bag goes with us for hikes or whatever. Also keep a first responder bls jump bag in the camper.

Simple EDC that goes everywhere with me. A Glock on my hip and a rifle in a bag with spare mags for pistol and rifle.

I always have a shotgun, supressed AR, and my everyday carry handgun. For campgrounds, I load the shotgun with bird shot and likely would not use the AR. If boondocking, shotgun is loaded with buckshot and I would also use the AR. Plenty of extra ammo and mags for either option. For first aid, I have a standard first aid kit and a box of tampons to plug bullet wounds.

I keep my standard EDC, but the camper has its own permanent double barrel 12 and .22 revolver. I store them unloaded with ammo in a different cabinet so that I can be (mostly) 50 state compliant in terms of magazine capacity and storage restrictions. Yes, I understand I'm still in violation of some stuff in some places, but I figure I'm largely covered with my choice of weapon type(s) in my travel trailer. I'd rather carry an AR variant, but A. I already own what I have and B. I don't want to borrow trouble by traveling with "evil high capacity black rifles" into unfriendly territory.

After we set camp, I load the shotgun and the revolver, and put em in the cabinet. I always have my EDC nearby

Listen. I'm not an operator. I'm pretty much a regular dude with some guns, and I can make trouble for troublemakers up to a certain point, but if crap is so hit the fan that I *need* a full on assault kit? I have no illusions about how stuff's gonna shake out for me. I'll give em one helluva fight for about thirty seconds, no matter what gun I'm using.

Back
Top Bottom