• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ford buyers beware

can tell you to avoid pretty much anything made in 21 or 22 dont care what it is.
That's is odd. I remembers visiting Detroit to see my ex wife's folk. The running joke was don't buy a car with a Friday build date. Crack was running rampant at the time and everyone for paid on Friday and went out at lunch and got all smoked up before the went back in. LOL They called them crack cars. They said over half the assembly line were smoking crack for the rest of the day.

Her whole family worked there. Her uncle was a supervisor, two cousins were clay modelers and a few more worked there but I can't remember what they did. They had great paying jobs so they were straight up all business. That particular plant stretched for miles. It was mind boggling it was so big.

Manufacturers will deny problems for the get go. Can you imagine the profit loss if they did cop to those problems. It would bankrupt the manufacturer.
Yea, instead it bankrupts the customer. I owned probably more fords than any other brand. But I probably won't by another one at his point. I currently still own and drive one, but it's old and has more than 200k on it. It just doesn't preform as good as my Dodge and GMC. The problems started when some chip monks or the like ate my wiring. Prior to that it was a good truck. It runs and does the job, just not the old tried and true that it was

Saw this title and panicked, but I think I’m ok with my truck.
IMG_0639.jpeg

It's not just Fords either. I worked at Dodge dealerships for 10 years and believe me I saw my fair share of recalls on dodges. More so before Mercedes-Benz took them over and after they sold it but they had their problems as well. The transmissions in Dodges wouldn't hold up after 150,000 miles. I sold my mom a Durango in 99 and sold my dad a Ram 1500 quad cab in 2002 and both of them had the 360 Magnum engine and transmission and both transmissions went out right at 150,000 miles. The best trucks ever made were the 25 and 3500 Rams with the Cummins turbo diesel and the Allison Transmissions made in the mid 2000's. Those things were freaking Bulletproof and if they would have had today's power in those older Cummins it would have been the Pinnacle of trucks.

I worked as a tech for Ford dealerships for about 20 years and have driven Ford trucks for about as long. I have had 71 F100, 74 F100 Custom, 76 F100, 95 F150, 2006 Ranger with 3.0V6 and currently have a 2019 Ranger with 2.3L Ecoboost. I would put this newest Ranger up against any truck I have owned. It puts out 285 HP and 310 lb/ft of torque and gets 18MPG in town and 24 on the hwy. Pulls anything I need to pull with ease. I have seen videos of them towing heavy equipment with no problem. Every maker has it's lemons and it's great successes. So far I am very pleased with the Ranger.

You would think that a service manager would be the one to talk to but that is usually not the case. They come and go pretty frequently around dealerships and quite often they are paper pushers who never worked on cars at all. Quite often they start out as service advisors writing up work orders. I had one who started with the company sweeping floors and thought he had it made when he worked his way up to service manager. Six months later he was looking for a job. The few good technicians I have known who accepted the position as service manager quit after a few months and either went back on the line working on cars or went to a new dealership. This has been the case through 4 different dealerships I have worked for. Service managers are the last people I would ask for advice on buying a used vehicle. Talk to an experienced line tech.

Back
Top Bottom