Ford Raptor - Are they really that awesome?

I'm gonna answer the OP's question .

Yes….ahhhh on second thought -- Hell YES!!!!

Raptor1.jpg
Raptor2.JPG
Raptor3.JPG

Last edited:
Certainly a nice looking truck
Not convinced the tiny turbo engine is gonna last
Ford obviously doesn't test their stuff before it goes on sale

Sadly. In a few years Due to the CAFE requirements , the tundra is going to be the only pickup left with a real V-8

Their lack of sales compared to the f150 will mean the mpg of their pickups won't affect their CAFE rating

When I worked for ford we had more Eco boost issues then coyote 5.0

The raptors are nice but their f250 6.2 engine is crap for building power

I'll take a 5.0 any day , Google and you can read tons

^^^That's cute....
How about this:
San Antonio to Indianapolis
Back in the day
View attachment 584688

Been easier to pull that if it had been loaded corrrectly. The 3/4 ton chevy is hooked to over 24k lbs. That 1 ton dodge might be hooked to 20k lbs. I pulled that load to Wilmore KS. For the record, I averaged 8.1mpg while maintaining 75mph as an average.

Last edited:
Been easier to pull that if it had been loaded corrrectly. The 3/4 ton chevy is hooked to over 24k lbs. That 1 ton dodge might be hooked to 20k lbs. I pulled that load to Wilmore KS. For the record, I averaged 8.1mpg while maintaining 75mph as an average.
It was the only way to load it; forklift used to load and unload boards and frames..duh
Haha! 20k?
The trailer weighs 9k lbs
The osha boards weigh 6k lbs
The frames and all accessories weigh 7k lbs
The Gradall weighs 16k or 18k, don't remember.
Do the math.

Also, not the heaviest load I pulled. That had to be the 14 pallets of brick at 2800lbs each on the same trailer.

It was the only way to load it; forklift used to load and unload boards and frames..duh
Haha! 20k?
The trailer weighs 9k lbs
The osha boards weigh 6k lbs
The frames and all accessories weigh 7k lbs
The Gradall weighs 16k or 18k, don't remember.
Do the math.

Also, not the heaviest load I pulled. That had to be the 14 pallets of brick at 2800lbs each on the same trailer.

Actually your lul weighs 23k. I suppose you didn't have to change the trailer tires from broken belts either.... everytime I put the D5 on our we get 8 new tires...

Last edited:
For the record, If you want a truck to tow with, buy a diesel. If you want a commuter truck that gets great gas mileage, buy a small 4 cylinder import.
If you want a purpose-built, SVT designed, off-road bad ass truck with a naturally-aspirated big block V-8 that rides like a sports car on the road….then buy a Raptor.
I've got an after-market AirRaid CAI, performance tune on the factory 411 hp 6.2 and a matching tuned magna flow exhaust….the truck will fly and looks and sounds good doing so.
I get between 12.6 and 13.4 mpg city and 14.6 to 15.1 mpg hwy. I paid way less that $50k for it.

I have had it 4 years, put over 90k on it and never done anything but change the oil and put one set of tires on it. The Raptor has no competitor - none of the other truck makers have built a truck like it.

And those dumb asses in California were hitting cattle guards at 100mph and getting 40 or 50 ft airborne…can't fix stupid.

Back
Top Bottom