• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

The mossy tang safety is a double-edged sword. On the shockwave, when firing one handed, your thumb has to uncoil and lift off the grip in order to de-acivate the safety, whereas the 870 (shockwave version) is deactivated via trigger finger with no loosening of the firearm's grip. I do prefer Mossy's though :thumb:
thats a fine point.

All im gonna add is I recommend avoiding 3 inch shells in them as well. Those mini aguila rounds are nice and still pack a serious close up punch but not on your wrist.

Not to mention what it does for capacity.

More to come
20180602_142630.jpg

This weekend also gave me a new appreciation for the SKS - at least the Chinese SKS. It's lightweight, handy, accurate, and has a pretty decent trigger.
More notes on the M72B1 and the shorty later. Gotta hit the grill.
View attachment 1649121
That SKS looks real good. Nice pic

That SKS looks real good. Nice pic

Thanks - it's a total franken-rifle and I've come to really like shooting it. Compared to the RPKs, it's very lightweight. I just wish that I had brought some stripper clips out to the range because it sucks loading the internal magazine one round at a time.
20180602_181613.jpg

Let me tell you though, I love an AR-47. Hands down better than an AK. More accurate, lighter, more modular, better sights, easier follow up shots, better everything. I got one of those PSA billet KS-47 uppers and it's a freaking tack driver. It shot to the limit of the ammo I was using (cheap Tula HP). It was a lot more work to get the same results out of either RPK. I still felt like a bad MF shooting those RPKs though, so there's that.
20180602_180659.jpg

Thanks - it's a total franken-rifle and I've come to really like shooting it. Compared to the RPKs, it's very lightweight. I just wish that I had brought some stripper clips out to the range because it sucks loading the internal magazine one round at a time.
View attachment 1649376

Let me tell you though, I love an AR-47. Hands down better than an AK. More accurate, lighter, more modular, better sights, easier follow up shots, better everything. I got one of those PSA billet KS-47 uppers and it's a freaking tack driver. It shot to the limit of the ammo I was using (cheap Tula HP). It was a lot more work to get the same results out of either RPK. I still felt like a bad MF shooting those RPKs though, so there's that.
View attachment 1649375
See I’ve played around with the hybrid, 7.62 AR platform ideas in my mind. I wouldn’t mind owning one that was reliable and it sounds like they’re getting there. Uses standard AR lower and 7.62 upper/mags?

See I’ve played around with the hybrid, 7.62 AR platform ideas in my mind. I wouldn’t mind owning one that was reliable and it sounds like they’re getting there. Uses standard AR lower and 7.62 upper/mags?
I have a couple of AR-47s and they have been pretty reliable so far. I have less than 1000 rounds through each, but so far so good. I think you can get a complete upper and lower from PSA for like $450 shipped right now. If you have an extra lower assembly laying around, just get the complete upper for $279+tax and pick up a couple of magazines (usually around $18 each for decent ones). It can be slapped on any standard AR-15 lower.

The rifle that I had out today is carbine length gas, hbar profile, billet upper, standard AR lower (Spikes with CMMG lpk), and using C-Products (or ASC, I forget which) magazines. I'm using a Daniel Defense fixed rear sight. It handles like an AR, shoots like an AR, and uses most of the same parts, but packs that nice x39 OOOMPH.
I love the classic look and feel of the AK platform, but the weight, ergonomics, and sights are the big weaknesses.

Back
Top Bottom