• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

Stain and poly had decent results for me
20180318_145035.jpg

Picked up some East German surplus magazines from Numrich for $13 ea shipped. Thought it was a decent deal. Eight mags were in ex-vg condition, one in good shape with worn finish and a spot of surface rust. One had worn finish and rust all over the spine, but I have seen worse.
20180726_133037.jpg

Picked up some East German surplus magazines from Numrich for $13 ea shipped. Thought it was a decent deal. Eight mags were in ex-vg condition, one in good shape with worn finish and a spot of surface rust. One had worn finish and rust all over the spine, but I have seen worse.
View attachment 1716809
Surplus mags have been all over the place lately, on condition, price, and availablity. Bakelites are plain stupid right now and surplus steels are actually kind of difficult to find lol

I have a handful of Tula plum and Circle 21"fire brick red" 5.45 mags that I need to offload on the AKFiles marketplace since I sold my single 74 a while back. I think I missed the boat on selling them for $45 each.

Surplus mags have been all over the place lately, on condition, price, and availablity. Bakelites are plain stupid right now and surplus steels are actually kind of difficult to find lol
The market has gone crazy. Seems like $15 f9r surplus mags is the going rate, so when I got a coupon and free shipping, I bought a box. Not like they are really being made anymore. Bet they will hit $20 by next year. I missed out on the $10 yugo bhos, so I guess better late than never.

I have a handful of Tula plum and Circle 21"fire brick red" 5.45 mags that I need to offload on the AKFiles marketplace since I sold my single 74 a while back. I think I missed the boat on selling them for $45 each.
When I see prices on the files it reminds me how good we have it locally. Stuff is still semi affordable here compared to what I am seeing on a broader level.

Stain and poly coat bruh!
View attachment 1716720

Try some transtint wood dyes. You can get a lot of variation in the tones mixing and matching colors. Here is a "sunburst" I did awhile back with em. Nice score on the tankers, gonna look sueweet in the Kybher.

See now I gotta go back in this Yuge thread and read all the stuff y’all did to refinish your wood. I can’t decide on trying to go Blonde and clear coated, or match that Bakelite color, or go for the gusto with some sunburst or Polish Orange?

Research time

See now I gotta go back in this Yuge thread and read all the stuff y’all did to refinish your wood. I can’t decide on trying to go Blonde and clear coated, or match that Bakelite color, or go for the gusto with some sunburst or Polish Orange?

Research time
Iodine orange!

Border guard green might be cool too, but that could be gettin a lil freaky for most folks

Back
Top Bottom