• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

Can’t believe you even said that, idk if I like triangles yet, looks good but looks aren’t everything. Maybe a Galil stock
No way the Triangle is the BEST stock. Especially on a true folding trunnion it locks up tight AF. The buttplates can accept Russian OEM rubber recoil pads if the shooter wants, looks badass and is the most comfortable imho. This is coming from a dude who thinks Romanian crutch folders look good too though lol

No way the Triangle is the BEST stock. Especially on a true folding trunnion it locks up tight AF. The buttplates can accept Russian OEM rubber recoil pads if the shooter wants, looks badass and is the most comfortable imho. This is coming from a dude who thinks Romanian crutch folders look good too though lol
I have more time than money to decide

image.jpeg

Finally took the time to go back and fix up the barrel pin on the first build. Drilled out the rivets I did poorly and replaced em'. Toned down the finish on the wood and barrel to better match the parts kit. The finish on the receiver is tough as nails, got the shine down but couldn't distress enough to match.

Yes!!!! The day has come!

Just got a call from Tim. My Side Folder build is finally complete! I pretty much had the works done for this one.

MD-63 demilled parts kit

Polish FB import barrel CHF/CL new manufacture

Russian Triangle folding stock

Side-folder rear trunnion and hardware for locking latch in front trunnion

Unissued condition forged Romy front trunnion

Had the whole rifle built as a franken Khyber style triangle folder, told Tim in the instructions to thread the battle and hot blue the whole thing as deep and blued as possible, whatever the cost.

I’ll be sending them a money order on Monday and tim will have it in the mail ASAP! Can’t wait for pics I have absolutely no clue how nice it’s gonna look. I remember how fun it was opening the shipping box for the RPK!!

On short time now!

In the beginning....

View attachment 1755943 View attachment 1755944 View attachment 1755947 View attachment 1755946View attachment 1755945
giphy.gif

View attachment 1761660
Finally took the time to go back and fix up the barrel pin on the first build. Drilled out the rivets I did poorly and replaced em'. Toned down the finish on the wood and barrel to better match the parts kit. The finish on the receiver is tough as nails, got the shine down but couldn't distress enough to match.
Mannnnnn that looks really good. I’m totally into BFPU UF kits right now too got 2 boys doing the same thing. Nice work man!

Mannnnnn that looks really good. I’m totally into BFPU UF kits right now too got 2 boys doing the same thing. Nice work man!

Thanks brother, I can't bring myself to refinish the metal. Too much character in those old kits. Parts are inbound for the next project. Md63 parts kit, 4.5mm sidefolder, 1KP receiver. Already have some old furniture sets(wood, bakelite) on hand. Drawing inspiration from your 2 Rivers build..going Khyber!

Back
Top Bottom