• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

Yes!!!! The day has come!

Just got a call from Tim. My Side Folder build is finally complete! I pretty much had the works done for this one.

MD-63 demilled parts kit

Polish FB import barrel CHF/CL new manufacture

Russian Triangle folding stock

Side-folder rear trunnion and hardware for locking latch in front trunnion

Unissued condition forged Romy front trunnion

Had the whole rifle built as a franken Khyber style triangle folder, told Tim in the instructions to thread the battle and hot blue the whole thing as deep and blued as possible, whatever the cost.

I’ll be sending them a money order on Monday and tim will have it in the mail ASAP! Can’t wait for pics I have absolutely no clue how nice it’s gonna look. I remember how fun it was opening the shipping box for the RPK!!

On short time now!

In the beginning....

View attachment 1755943 View attachment 1755944 View attachment 1755947 View attachment 1755946View attachment 1755945
Ima be jealous

Looking forward to seeing it. Khyber builds are pretty awesome.
Far from 2 Rivers but #2 is almost done. Headspace got jacked up drilling and pinning the barrel, I still have some learning to do. Experience is the greatest teacher I've heard...View attachment 1756206View attachment 1756207View attachment 1756208
I love the MD63 kits built with their original finish, they just look like an AK always should. Nice job! You gonna leave it with a dongle grip?

I actually like the wood foregrips
Funny you say that, my boy who comes trough the gunshop quite a bit swears by them too. I’ve had two AKs with dongs and couldn’t stand em lol. The only way I could roll with one would probably be on an UNder Folder because it seems like it was all planned so well how it folds up over it reversed. I can’t deny the compatibility

I love the MD63 kits built with their original finish, they just look like an AK always should. Nice job! You gonna leave it with a dongle grip?

I'm gonna leave it on there. The next 47 I do I'm gonna use standard handguards. Can't decide on a 47 or a 74 for the next build. Leaning towards a 74 since I have that plum stock set.

That’s a great option if you’re gonna roll the Stormwerx hindge adapaters or similar adapters and a Manticore Triangle stock, AR type stock, or brace etc.

If you’re gobba go traditional it won’t help you out too much
Can’t believe you even said that, idk if I like triangles yet, looks good but looks aren’t everything. Maybe a Galil stock

Back
Top Bottom