• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

Well, look what just came in the mail moments ago! A 308 Galil, model 329. I'm impressed by the condition, like a time capsule from the 80s. It did not come with a mag, and it does not appear to have been fired much if any. The inside is as clean as the outside with no residue. So either someone cleaned it very thoroughly, or it forever sat in someone's safe without a mag until they croaked and it went on an estate sale.

I'm also impressed with it as a rifle. I've never fiddled with a Galil before, so I was expecting some antiquated heavy monstrosity, but was pleasantly surprised it was much lighter than I had thought. The quality is superior to any AK I've owned, even slightly nicer than my FNC. Heck, it has a much better fit and finish than any of my 3 dozen modern and preban colt ARs and M16s. I had thought this Galil might be only really good for collecting but its more practical than I had expected. I think this will be my new hog hunting gun, which I know it will do just fine as. Super excited about this one, I feel I lucked out finding it.

G1.jpg

G2.jpg

G3.jpg

G4.jpg

G5.jpg

Just took the Galil apart to clean/inspect in detail. I've never seen a piston with Zero wear marks on the bearing surfaces. Like, no abrasion in the surface finish. Even the bolt face has retained the bluing. I pretty confident this gun has never been fired or if so, very few. Now don't get me wrong, I'm going to shoot the ship out of it, it's just great news regardless.

G6.jpg

G7.jpg

G8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom