• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

Austrian STG-58 is metric is it not? DSA has a specific STG-58 receiver

Yep... it is, my bad. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't inch pattern. See, I'm pretty new to these two.

Any reason type 1 over type 2? They are very similar but the rear of the type 2 is a tad stronger. Not that it matters in a semi gun but with earlier versions of the type 1 full autos were cracking in the rear. that's the reason the type 2 was introduced.

Yep... it is, my bad. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't inch pattern. See, I'm pretty new to these two.

Any reason type 1 over type 2? They are very similar but the rear of the type 2 is a tad stronger. Not that it matters in a semi gun but with earlier versions of the type 1 full autos were cracking in the rear. that's the reason the type 2 was introduced.
I used this reference I found on FALfiles to identify what was originally on the kit. At first I thought it was a type 1 but looks like my recoil plate “ears” aren’t nearly as scalloped as they looked in my buddies picture. I guess the types lightening cuts line up differently in regards to aesthetics but any receiver would theoretically work fine. As looks are concerned though I believe the Type 2 would be correct to the kit. You know me, I’m a sucker for time period correct, although a 2,200.00 gun cracking would suck harddddd I’m gonna have to do some research on that too. The rabbit hole deepens hahaha

3D017B25-EFE2-46EA-BE62-0E3154190C83.jpeg
24AA68FF-35C1-45D2-BAC8-BC87CC9F53AA.jpeg

Actually upon enlarging and posting...maybe a type 2? Damn their subtleties!

It's a nice piece. Solidly built and crystal clear. Range finder and chevrons light up bright red. I looked at modern options but I had to go old school Iron Curtain on this one.
I’m gonna get a Soviet Optic too at some point I was looking at them on Russianoptics.com I think? Maybe go Cobra red dot or something similar

Back
Top Bottom