• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

^^ Nevermind ^^. Get on that STG 58. Have you checked for proof marks yet?

That’ll be the last AKM for a while, not forever, but definitly for awhile.
The STG is next I’m actually about to head to my house here in a bit secure a few Firearms for a trade this afternoon and take a look at it. Will report back

^^ Nevermind ^^. Get on that STG 58. Have you checked for proof marks yet?
Hmmmmm

70396B93-814E-4376-A862-BAD6E5B6E16F.jpeg
8050123B-6D82-4209-8CBF-48B78189D829.jpeg

Thinking the bbl is Belgium

Not 100% sure. My Steyr STG has different marks and from what I gather the Belgium marks are different than what you're showing. BUT....! I'm new to this and learning, so again, I'm not 100% sure

Every single little piece of the kit should have a proof mark. What's the carrier, bolt, lower, fcg, etc. look like?

One last thing. What is the serial #? You can retrieve a lot of info from the serial #.. Is it 20,000 or below?

Click link: http://www.nramuseum.com/media/940944/proofmarks.pdf

Upon further digging it looks like you have a 61 dated Austrian Steyr STG 58. From the pics, it's in supreme condition.
:whoo:Man I’m leaning towards the same thinking I didn’t wanna get too too excited. I’m gonna sit down tomorrow evening after I get home and pull it all apart and search high and low for proofs, date stamps, and SNs. See if everything is matching and see if I can find any more clear proofs but I think I’m sitting pretty good! I have GOT to get that receiver pronto!!

:whoo:Man I’m leaning towards the same thinking I didn’t wanna get too too excited. I’m gonna sit down tomorrow evening after I get home and pull it all apart and search high and low for proofs, date stamps, and SNs. See if everything is matching and see if I can find any more clear proofs but I think I’m sitting pretty good! I have GOT to get that receiver pronto!!

Oh... I'm 100% sure it's a CHF barrel too. Damn man, that's a beyond nice kit.

Oh... I'm 100% sure it's a CHF barrel too. Damn man, that's a beyond nice kit.
What’s crazy is I just kind of fell into it too. Wasn’t looking, had it offered and BOOM in for the win. Hey i never win anything; raffles, scratch offs, races lol finally I feel like I scored !

Back
Top Bottom