• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

750 for the kit, 200 for the barrel, 100 for the receiver and 300 to build and paint.
Total of $1350? How is my math?
I want to, but that's too much for me.

750 for the kit, 200 for the barrel, 100 for the receiver and 300 to build and paint.
Total of $1350? How is my math?
I want to, but that's too much for me.

750.00 kit
600.00 for the build and blueing total
80.00 for the receiver
200.00 for a Chrome Lined Bbl
1630-1700 (rivets, and 922r parts)

It's about right for what you're getting though but for 150 more you could have built my RPK

So my "build"gut feeling was 50% off. Not for me. But I am happy you are building one.
Haha you can shoot it when it's done! I'm gonna get every penny out of this thing. It was definitely a lot to bite off when I first started but taking it a piece at a time helped it not to "feel" so expensive. I'm sure you can work those prices down substantially by cherry picking parts, having the tools and knowledge to build yourself, and taking the time to hunt the best deals. I'm just a noobie builder so I'm getting my feet wet too, the expensive way, with the hopes I can do it more efficiently as I become more comfortable.

9Cr4Z6Ll.jpg
9by7rF1l.jpg

If you get on Numrich's e-mail list, they send out coupons on occasion. Managed to pick up another M72B1 kit for $216 shipped with 20% off. Coupons were one time use, so if you know someone who might have one of these still sitting around unused in their e-mail, it knocked $50 off the cost of the kit. I'm going with a 16" barrel on mine this time, and probably a folding triangle stock (haven't decided). Here's the M72B1 I built couple of months back. Only real issue I had was the rear rivets, they aren't too pretty. They are long and getting them to look right on the opposite side was hard. I've ordered another set of rivets to correct it, so hopefully I can just replace them and do a better job.

For the barrel, I was able to get an original one from Centerfire before they ran out. I took a gamble with it for $79 but got a good one, so ended up putting a US grip on it instead to round out my 922r parts.

rpk.jpg

I'm glad you posted on here. Just received a call from my builder at 2 Rivers asking me what I'd like.

Good news : my builder claimed it was hands down the nicest kit he's ever seen or worked with and confirmed it was new, and pulled from the armory and de-milled. Said looks to have never been fired.

He asked me what parts I was wanting blued.

I asked him what he would do if it was his rifle. We both agreed to leave the original finish on the gun and to Blue the Reciever and barrel as close to the original finish as possible.

He was excited to work on such a nice kit and had already placed the rear trunnion.

A++++ on communication and attention to detail from 2 Rivers I simply cannot wait for this project to be complete. I just keep buying 40 round Bakelites to tide me over

Great news! Get some top loading drums. These angle forward for more ground clearance and are a real military item. There are Yugo versions of these, but they are rare. Most are Romanian and a few Russians that probably came in with Romanian stuff. It has been said that the Chinese pattern AK drum was a commercial endeavor. These work fine though. The angled ones are much more "military grade".

THIS:

240817_02_yugo_m72_rpk_with_75rd_romania_640.jpg

NOT THIS:

3478790_03_m72_yugo_rpk_640.jpg

I'm glad you posted on here. Just received a call from my builder at 2 Rivers asking me what I'd like.

One thing you might inquire on is putting a new tritium vial in the night sights. You can pick up a clip on sight and put in vials yourself. Numrich has the clip on sight (part 1572330), push out the old dead vial, and slide in a new one. Size you need is 1.5mm x 6mm. I got mine here (tritiumkeychains.com), they do ship from overseas but are cheap. Green shows up pretty good. The kit I got recently has the paint on sights, but your 1986 kit looks just like the one I built mine on.

Back
Top Bottom