• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

First M-16's weren't issued with cleaning kits. They were thought to be "self-cleaning". Didn't come with a chrome bore - imagine that in the VN enviro...and I think they changed the powder used in the ammunition.

But yeah, when first fielded they were jam-o-matics...

So who here (looking at you GaSouthSideRevolver GaSouthSideRevolver ) has/carries a trusty reliable J-Frame? Anyone got a well-worn, beat up J-frame they’ve been shoving into their pocket for the past decade? I’d love to see some daily carry wear on a snub.

Yessir. So, I Kemal Carey a neat up Colt Agent but when it’s hot like it’s been lately I’ve been pocket carrying this Smith model 637-1 which is a pre lock version. It’s not pretty at all but at 7 yards and in it’s dead on. Thinking about bobbing the hammer for easier yank out of the pocket holster use.

Attachments

• 5B9E1333-8F2E-45BB-AE73-C960FF4B1AED.jpeg
    5B9E1333-8F2E-45BB-AE73-C960FF4B1AED.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 11
  • BFAF940E-BADD-44BE-8925-1A3D54D5D943.jpeg
    BFAF940E-BADD-44BE-8925-1A3D54D5D943.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 10
First M-16's weren't issued with cleaning kits. They were thought to be "self-cleaning". Didn't come with a chrome bore - imagine that in the VN enviro...and I think they changed the powder used in the ammunition.

But yeah, when first fielded they were jam-o-matics...

I knew about most of that, but it wasn't within 1-200 rounds? Also it wasn't the bore fouling that was the problem, it was the jamming? Splitting hairs maybe but those kinds of posts irritate me.

So who here (looking at you GaSouthSideRevolver GaSouthSideRevolver ) has/carries a trusty reliable J-Frame? Anyone got a well-worn, beat up J-frame they’ve been shoving into their pocket for the past decade? I’d love to see some daily carry wear on a snub.
More like 15 years, maybe 20......winters nekkid in my right coat pocket, summers in the pictured holster (which is just as old, paid $10 for it, lol) on my concealable vest. It actually looks better in the pic than in person. The factory finish on the aluminium frame, paint or whatever it is, is all but gone.

003.JPG
004.JPG

More like 15 years, maybe 20......winters nekkid in my right coat pocket, summers in the pictured holster (which is just as old, paid $10 for it, lol) on my concealable vest. It actually looks better in the pic than in person. The factory finish on the aluminium frame, paint or whatever it is, is all but gone.

View attachment 2196102 View attachment 2196103

Validation I'm looking in the right direction :thumb:

Started work at 8, all of us. Youngest son pulled weeds out of apple orchard, oldest weed wacked, wife and I got 4 of her herloom lilies in the ground andtreated plums for borers.
Everybody gets trated to Waffle house next, for hard work.

Lxpony sells his plates for $3 on AKfiles. I was gonna order a dozen or so. I can order a few extras for you. Atlantic now uses his plates.
The Atlantic plate that came with my Romy DIY completion kit worked without a hitch. Took the Klub Collective advice and never touched the Sheppards hooks!

Yessir. So, I Kemal Carey a neat up Colt Agent but when it’s hot like it’s been lately I’ve been pocket carrying this Smith model 637-1 which is a pre lock version. It’s not pretty at all but at 7 yards and in it’s dead on. Thinking about bobbing the hammer for easier yank out of the pocket holster use.

View attachment 2196102 View attachment 2196103
Love em! Mine still looks great but always jealous of that hard-earned honest wear!
It’s crazy the amount of these things in people’s pockets out there. I wanna keep a hold of this Pro-Series for a long time, gonna try anyways

24B5B344-2BBE-4EB4-B081-04EBAD1A33AB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom