• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Forged lowers in stock at Capitol Armory now $169.95

Mega is a high end manufacturer. They have made lowers for SOLGW and if I remember correctly they made some the initial Hodge defense lowers. cmshoot cmshoot can probably confirm.

I ordered two so I'll see what the quality is like once they arrive.

In my opinion, way above Anderson. See what cmshoot cmshoot has to say about Anderson in this post

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...-and-other-ar-oddities.2296186/#post-10649767

With lower quality control you'll tend to end up with stacking tolerance differences or things just a bit of alignment that makes assembling a lower difficult. The mag well tolerance could be off just a bit and then PMAGs may have issues. I have 2 Wilson Combat lowers that have mag well issues as a result of QC. Got several of these and some had the issues and some didn't. The Capitol Armory lowers passed all checks on all mags to include Gen1 PMAGs which are problematic in a lot of lowers.

Hope that helps.

Sorry for the newb question but how much better are these than Anderson?

Anderson is below my “minimum” level of receivers and parts that I recommend to folks. Seen too many issues to mess with them anymore. Milspec is a minimum level for me, and Anderson’s are not milspec.

The Capitol Armory receivers are made by Mega, and they build some of the most solid forged receivers out there. They are an OEM manufacturer for many high quality companies.

Back
Top Bottom