• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Forward Controls Design - SOTAR Cam Pin

I dont know..... it's never been a problem until we were just told it "might be a problem "

I'll risk it

Because you’ve never seen it, doesn’t mean it isn’t a problem. Why chance it when the “fix” is easy and free, especially if it’s a gun you may depend your life on?

Chad (the guy in the video) isn’t trying to make any money off this, he doesn’t own FCD, and he even shows a method to correct the issue for free. He is more informing folks of a possible issue than he trying to make a buck. Why would he make up crap?

I have seen both cam pins and bolts snapped in half at the exact places he talks about in the video. Until now, I had no inkling of what caused it. This could very well be the issue.

I have an electro-engraver and will be engraving all my cam pins as I clean and service those AR’s. Each one will take less than 1 minute, and is free. Even if you don’t have an engraver, I can think of several methods of marking you could do with a file or punch.

Because you’ve never seen it, doesn’t mean it isn’t a problem. Why chance it when the “fix” is easy and free, especially if it’s a gun you may depend your life on?

Chad (the guy in the video) isn’t trying to make any money off this, he doesn’t own FCD, and he even shows a method to correct the issue for free. He is more informing folks of a possible issue than he trying to make a buck. Why would he make up crap?

I have seen both cam pins and bolts snapped in half at the exact places he talks about in the video. Until now, I had no inkling of what caused it. This could very well be the issue.

I have an electro-engraver and will be engraving all my cam pins as I clean and service those AR’s. Each one will take less than 1 minute, and is free. Even if you don’t have an engraver, I can think of several methods of marking you could do with a file or punch.

I do have a rifle with the cam pin on a roller bearing maybe for this reason.

Back
Top Bottom