Found-a gen5 g23 holster

WinstonSmith

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Garthok Narfler
85   0
Reaction score
I had one helluva time finding a level 2, lightbearing, covered optic holster for my gen5 g23 holster. For those who don't know the gen 5 is a different width than previous generations and the gen 5 g19.

Well, Midwest Tactical Solutions has stepped up to the plate. Level 2, cordura wrapped, ambidextrous slide release, covered optic. IWB and OWB options. They will even set it up in a multitude of attachment options including QLS. On order I'll update when i get it in although there is almost a 2 month lead time like with almost all firearm related things these days (at least it seems that way).

Holster journey was rather frustrating so I figured I'd pass the word for the few gen5 g23 rockers.

I believe the G23 gen5 will fit G21/20 holster. They thicken the slide and chamber to support the 40. Which is smart in my opinion.

The external dimensions of the Glocks in .40 S&W are the same as the external dimensions of the Glock 9mm’s. They are overall smaller than the external dimensions of the G21/G20.

The external dimensions of the Glocks in .40 S&W are the same as the external dimensions of the Glock 9mm’s. They are overall smaller than the external dimensions of the G21/G20.
Oh, ok. I know they said the gen5 40. Now have a thicker chamber and slide vs the gen3/4 40.

It’s the ALS safariland holster that work for the G21 also work for the 23 gen5. From Reddit I just read

I'd want to try it before I spent money. I've been fooled by claims before. Sometimes the claims work after a little heat gun magic. Sometimes not. Not just slide width but slide release as well. I think I tried that one and something caught or it rattled because it was loose. When I'm paying ALS money I want it right. I went through a very long holster journey. Almost made me regret buying the gen 5.

Back
Top Bottom