• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Found primers in Dacula, GA at ACE hardware

Kaleb Dance

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
38   0
Reaction score
They had a couple bricks of CCi magnum small pistol for $12.50 per 100. Not a deal but they were available.

I'm fairly new to the reloading game so pardon my lack of knowledge, but can I use those for reloading 9mm? I read on a "google search" that you can but run the chance of the firing pin not striking hard enough. Anyone had any experience with them?

They had a couple bricks of CCi magnum small pistol for $12.50 per 100. Not a deal but they were available.

I'm fairly new to the reloading game so pardon my lack of knowledge, but can I use those for reloading 9mm? I read on a "google search" that you can but run the chance of the firing pin not striking hard enough. Anyone had any experience with them?
Shouldn't present an issue. Start with a 10% reduction in charge weight on powder and work up to your desired velocity.

ACE Hardware in Dacula used to sell guns as well. But their pricing, pre-Covid time period (@ 2017/2018?), was stupidly high....and I mean higher than ODT standards. I never understood how they kept it going for as long as they did based on how they set their pricing. I guess they found some old stock of what they used to sell and are dumping?

ACE Hardware in Dacula used to sell guns as well. But their pricing, pre-Covid time period (@ 2017/2018?), was stupidly high....and I mean higher than ODT standards. I never understood how they kept it going for as long as they did based on how they set their pricing. I guess they found some old stock of what they used to sell and are dumping?
Ohh yeah they were way overpriced on everything. They are wanting $35 for as box of 50 rounds of blazzer 9mm right now. I saw a 1000rd spam can of 7.6x39 for a $1000 lol. I'm all about supporting local economy but not when you can go to academy sports and get the same box of 9mm ammo for $15 cheaper.

Granted they have a surplus of ammo in calibers I haven't seen on a shelf in a long time.

For target, I wouldn't think twice, but if you are loading rounds for carry, I wouldn't use those in a striker fired gun. I have had regular CCI small pistol primers snap in striker fired guns. I only use Federal in small pistol when failure isn't an option. I do understand you can't find Federals anywhere right now. As for hammer fired, shouldn't be an issue. Do what Palmetto said.

Rosewood

Ohh yeah they were way overpriced on everything. They are wanting $35 for as box of 50 rounds of blazzer 9mm right now. I saw a 1000rd spam can of 7.6x39 for a $1000 lol. I'm all about supporting local economy but not when you can go to academy sports and get the same box of 9mm ammo for $15 cheaper.

Granted they have a surplus of ammo in calibers I haven't seen on a shelf in a long time.
$1 a round for European 7.62x39 is highway robbery.

Back
Top Bottom