• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Franken-ARs

I would take an AR for that with Anderson or PSA receivers. With the "Right Stuff". Match barrel, drop in trigger,enhanced mil spec upper/lower kits ,cool rail, M4 feed ramps, and magpul STR stock (depending on length of barrel). From the right ODT Members (or willing to come out and run it) . With 60rds steel cased ammo down the barrel with no hiccups . But that's just my opinion. Note for newer newbs= I clean the barrel after each of the first 5 rounds and after first mag ; others may have a better routine for breaking in a rifle? NO POLY for me. Knew I'd forget somethin.... nickel boron bcg (i got a deal on 2 fail zero for my first 2 builds)

I don't know why so many people think building a gun with the cheapest crap is the way to go, or buying one from a LGS for $400 for that matter. I have a Franken AR, which runs great, but I have gone back in and eliminated the crap Anderson cheap lower for a nice Spikes, rebuilt the trigger group, new buffer, and a few other things. I won't do a Franken again unless its with the highest grade milspec parts all the way around, which I would expect to run me between $1500-$2k done the way I'd want it. If I go to a custom shop it will be twice that. I don't drive a beater, tho its an older car, why shoot cheap and have it break in a grueling day of hard training... just my thinking.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I don't know why so many people think building a gun with the cheapest crap is the way to go, or buying one from a LGS for $400 for that matter. I have a Franken AR, which runs great, but I have gone back in and eliminated the crap Anderson cheap lower for a nice Spikes, rebuilt the trigger group, new buffer, and a few other things. I won't do a Franken again unless its with the highest grade milspec parts all the way around, which I would expect to run me between $1500-$2k done the way I'd want it. If I go to a custom shop it will be twice that. I don't drive a beater, tho its an older car, why shoot cheap and have it break in a grueling day of hard training... just my thinking.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Was the Anderson lower receiver giving you trouble?

Back
Top Bottom