• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Free -brand new fishing rods - please read carefully

gh1950

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
105   0
Reaction score
As usual, there is a back story. I am an auction buff, went to a local estate auction for a guy who I knew.

Turns out he was guy who went to auctions, and he would buy large lots of close outs.

So there was a lot of fishing stuff (meaning "one group") and I bid it and got it. There were only a few things I wanted, which I have now pulled out.

I have the following rods -brand new, with mosly WM hang tags on them.

2 Mitchell Esprit Rods, spinning. ML, 1/4 -5/8 lure. Two piece rods, I will mail on your dime. Even have warranty registration. They are not labeled "graphite" so I'm guessing FG. Would make a great indestructible kids rod.

1 Daiwa "Shock" rod - apparently part of rod/reel combo, but no reel, still has hang tags This one says it is a FG composite. ML, 3/16 -1/2 oz. lures. Mailable on your dime

3 Mitchell "Avocet" spinning rods, 1 pc. 6'6", M, 1/8-3/8 oz. lures. Guessing FG composite, again part of rod/reel combo but no reel. Will not mail.

So here's the deal. I'm not giving these rods away to you chuckheads to sell on CL or the local flea market.

I will give them to any organized group that can use them -Boy Scouts, Girls Scouts, Don't know Scouts, church group, camp group, and so on. But you have to produce a letter from a person in authority with the group that it exists and can use the equipment. You can PM me, and I will give you an email address, so that they don't actually have to produce a hard copy.

Note that the 2 pc. rods are mailable. It is not feasible to mail the one piece rods.

Picked up or mailed from Athens,

No I don't have pictures, go to Wal Mart and look at inexpensive spinning rods. They look just like that

Check out 30-30 ministries, they are Non profit Christian based ministry for kids.

Would be a great opportunity for them to share with kids during their camps.

Back
Top Bottom