Free floating rail for my ar

They do have nose pieces for free float rail that fill in the open space around the barrel, never seen a cone shaped one though, also fail to see the need for one.

Fills in the space between the free-floated handguard and the barrel? While I know that there's a space there, I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to fill it in.

Fills in the space between the free-floated handguard and the barrel? While I know that there's a space there, I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to fill it in.
To clarify, piece goes on the barrel end of the rail, doesn't touch the barrel, which would defeat the purpose of a free float rail. Like I said, don't see the need or point.

OP try Yankee Hill Machinary for the rail you discribed. As for ambi butt stock? Had plenty of Magpul and other buttstocks over the years. Magpul ins one of the best bang for the buck........just sayin.:pop2:

Not drunk, nose cone it fills that voided space on the front of the free floating system. Check out ati website they have them. I would not wont a rail system without one.not ambi but ati advanced tectonically international may have gotten one letter off but they make buttstocks also.magpul is not the only makers of buttstocks.

Last edited:
YHM has a cap to keep debris out of their floated handguards
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/797695/yankee-hill-machine-handguard-cap-ar-15-round-fits-yankee-hill-free-float-handguard-15-16-inside-diameter-aluminum-matte
797695.jpg
free+float+a.jpg

Not drunk, nose cone it fills that voided space on the front of the free floating system. Check out ati website they have them. I would not wont a rail system without one.not ambi but ati advanced tectonically international may have gotten one letter off but they make buttstocks also.magpul is not the only makers of buttstocks.

It's called an end cap and is basically for aesthetics. If you must have a rail with an end cap, you're basically limited to YHM. Not sure what you have against Magpul stocks, but I'd use a milspec M4 stock before that ATI stock. Looks like a rebranded CAA stock. Better options would be the B5 SOPMOD or B5 Bravo or Vltor models.

Back
Top Bottom