Free to Use Firearm Bill of Sale / Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why yes officer that "was" my baseball bat. You say it was used to beat a 90 year old grandmother to death??? Wow I sold that when I wa 7 that would make it 1956 sorry I cant recall who I sold that bat to. /sarcasm I do have knowledge of an instance where a gun was sold to an individual who claimed to be a GA resident when in fact they were not. The buyer committed a murder. The seller was not charged with a crime. Some on here from the other "old" site may recall this incident.

Which makes the celphone credit card readers a joke to me as well. "Oh here, slide this thru your phone..take what you want." Duh!

Yep. I either pay with cash or a credit card. I never use a debit card, or if I have to use it, I insist they run it as a CC. I shred everything, and my personal info goes on nothing, I can't control.

If you have ever had to deal with identity theft issues you would understand, and my problem came from a company who was hacked. So yeah there is no way I am giving someone my personal info. I'll show you my carry and driver's license all day long, and if you want to write my tag down as I drive away, knock yourself out.

I always ask for someone's Sig when I sell a firearm to someone. If they don't like it oh well

Aww, it's ok..just make sure you check that little box about requiring a bill of sale so most of us can ignore your listings. Saves us all time. Thanks.

images.jpg

I bought one gun from a FFL. Sold it without a BOS. I sleep just fine about it.

The fear that makes you want a BOS is the same kind of fear that makes others want even more gun control.

Yep. I either pay with cash or a credit card. I never use a debit card, or if I have to use it, I insist they run it as a CC. I shred everything, and my personal info goes on nothing, I can't control.

If you have either had to deal with identity theft issues you would understand, and my problem came from a company who was hacked. So yeah there is no way I am giving someone my personal info. I'll show you my carry and driver's license all day long, and if you want to write my tag down as I drive away, knock yourself out.

Yeah. Used a debit card online a long time ago and got a $.28 charge. Three days later there was a $28 charge. That's when I caught it. Closed the cards and changed accounts. Now I have 2 checking accounts. When I need to buy online using debit I xfer cash to my secondary account and buy. But never fund that account more than 5-10 bucks over immedate use. It's my "firewall account".

I know this subject is brought up over and over, but no one ever answers the question, "why do you feel you don't need a bill of sale when you sell a gun privately that you purchased new from an FFL?"

Can you say IDENTITY THEFT........you have no obligation legally to protect my info you obtain on a bogus, not required, non notarized piece of paper. I will not give you more than my name and let you see my ID, but you are not writing anything down. I pass on any ads that require a BOS, not because I can't buy legally but because you can't guarantee my info will not be used or lost. I would be more concerned about some stranger walking away with my personal info than I would about a make believe scenario of getting in trouble from selling a gun. IMO anyone requiring a BOS should be required to do the transfer through a licensed dealer instead of trying to make believe they are one.

Can you say IDENTITY THEFT........you have no obligation legally to protect my info you obtain on a bogus, not required, non notarized piece of paper. I will not give you more than my name and let you see my ID, but you are not writing anything down. I pass on any ads that require a BOS, not because I can't buy legally but because you can't guarantee my info will not be used or lost. I would be more concerned about some stranger walking away with my personal info than I would about a make believe scenario of getting in trouble from selling a gun. IMO anyone requiring a BOS should be required to do the transfer through a licensed dealer instead of trying to make believe they are one.

And let's not forget that we really don't know who we are giving our street adresses to. I was talking to a guy here once when he boasted of some **** that took me aback. I had actually been emailing him about the conversation when I realized that the email address I had been using had my first and last name and city on it. Lsat thing I want to do now is go meet someone in a parking lot and tell them what I drive, that I have guns and disposable income and, oh yeah, here's my address and since we talked out our schedules for this meet you probably know when to come by and break in. Nah....you get no info bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom