• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Friday night buzz kill

KSouth

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
68   0
Reaction score
Evening my fellow ODTers. As most that know me, or keep up. Know that I’m about as easy going and try to keep things fun. But as I’m getting older and softer (thanks to kids) with that said our good God gives us gifts that are only here for periods of our lives. I as of most of us have had that one dog in our life that just touches your soul. We all remember our first dog. But we never forget our best. Cheers friends. For we lost one of the best that was created. 7yrs went by fast. Ended too early God knows the heart ache. She was a trained therapy dog. Our service dog. Only knew love and loyalty.
Princess Rosemary Safire Sparkles.
Better known as Princess
125lbs of Newfoundland. If she ain’t in heaven I don’t want to go
IMG_2743.jpegIMG_8315.jpeg69714572270__4C2F8F13-A60E-4C9C-8288-E478AEA667E8.jpeg
6E2849FB-CCF3-45A3-AD37-1BA3E703A5A8.jpeg

Prayers for you and your family. She was a beautiful lady.

Perspective from Dean Koontz.

“Dogs’ lives are short, too short, but you know that going in. You know the pain is coming, you’re going to lose a dog, and there’s going to be great anguish, so you live fully in the moment with her, never fail to share her joy or delight in her innocence, because you can’t support the illusion that a dog can be your lifelong companion. There’s such beauty in the hard honesty of that, in accepting and giving love while always aware it comes with an unbearable price. Maybe loving dogs is a way we do penance for all the other illusions we allow ourselves and for the mistakes we make because of those illusions.”

Dean Koontz in 'The Darkest Evening of the Year'

Back
Top Bottom