• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Friday Night= New Beer...

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
So I made the rounds today looking for presents I didn't find. Then I had to head to South Bibb Co to pickup a quartered up deer from a DAMN good member . Stopped at my fave Patel liquor store on the way home and they were all out of Tecate which is my recent go to Beane--- I mean Mexican beer. So I wound up with a 12 pack of Presidente.

It's a pilsner type beer which is what I usually dig. Not bad for the price/$12.99. No skunky smell when you open it. Not bitter at all. If y'all can find it it's definitely worth a try. I'd say it's better than Dos Equis and Modelo. WAY better than Corona AKA Mexican Piss. So I'm fittin' to knock back a frew while me and the ol lady cut this deer up and run it through the electric grinder.

Attachments

• IMG_20231215_173816901_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231215_173816901_HDR.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 13
If you really want to see a lot of different beers for sale, go the "Home Depot" of alcohol: Total Wine & More. You'll be in there awhile. They have beer from almost every country (and wine and liquor).

Since you're enjoying one right now, did you know a number of Mexican beers were actually started by German colonists in the 1800s? Germans seemed to really like Texas and Mexico; they were so tight, the Germans tried to get Mexico to invade the US during WW1 (the Zimmerman Telegram). Anyway, that's why many Mexican beers are so similar in taste to German beers. https://www.german-way.com/a-brief-germanic-history-of-mexican-beer/

If you really want to see a lot of different beers for sale, go the "Home Depot" of alcohol: Total Wine & More. You'll be in there awhile. They have beer from almost every country (and wine and liquor).

Since you're enjoying one right now, did you know a number of Mexican beers were actually started by German colonists in the 1800s? Germans seemed to really like Texas and Mexico; they were so tight, the Germans tried to get Mexico to invade the US during WW1 (the Zimmerman Telegram). Anyway, that's why many Mexican beers are so similar in taste to German beers. https://www.german-way.com/a-brief-germanic-history-of-mexican-beer/
All I knew was that there was a German connection in most of the Mexican beer companies. I didn't know it went way back to the actual brewing process. I assumed it was modern day German companies just buying popular Mexican brands.
To me Sol is still the best. Lately I drink a lot of Modelo because I get it from local stores in the big 24 oz cans. But this ( and Tecate) have Modelo beat. I had a 12 pack from a local Sunoco a while back called Jalisco that was really good. But for whatever reason they can't seem to restock it.

Back
Top Bottom