• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Frommer Stop with Austrian HV 36 Acceptance Mark

boxer90

Default rank <3000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
32   0
Reaction score
I picked up this Frommer Stop a several weeks ago. It was a consignment at a LGS. Unfortunately the extractor is broke (though it's still in the gun and will extract by manually racking the slide after each shot), so I'm thinking about putting this on Gunbroker because extractors aren't usually easy/cheap to find and they're fragile. But before I do that, figured I'd show off some pictures, because it's not every day you see one of these.

Appears there was no original military marking on the left side of the trigger guard. If there was, it was either really light or the armorer did a good job removing it. It's been stamped with an Austrian acceptance mark, with a partial V - eagle - 36 stamp present. 1917 serial number. Typical HV 36 stamp you might see on a Broomhandle, but not enough room on the trigger guard to put the entire stamp, so there's a partial V that runs off the side. Original 7.65 Frommer marked magazine. Have no idea of value as Frommer prices are all over the place on GB and I don't know of another Austrian stamped one that has sold recently to compare. Either way, it's a neat pistol with an interesting long recoil system that you don't see often.

Attachments

• DSC03741.JPG
    DSC03741.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC03736.JPG
    DSC03736.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC03737.JPG
    DSC03737.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 27
Dang. I want to make an extractor for it.

Everything I've read suggests that the extractors are flimsy and breaking is common. Read on a forum where a guy was going to make some once upon a time but never did. When one is available, it's like $60-75 and for me, I really don't want to have $350-400 in this thing.

A picture someone took of the internal bolt assembly. My extractor is broke at the base where the pin meets the rest of the part. As with the rest of the gun, it's design is more complex than it has to be for what it is: a .32 acp blowback.

Attachments

• p1233072s.jpg
    p1233072s.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 20
Hammer hit for $266 plus the $30 shipping I always put on auctions since you never know if someone from the West Coast might buy it. Thought it had a chance to hit $300 before shipping but that's how the cookie crumbles. After paying the FFL to ship it and GB fees, I'll probably lose like $10-20 bucks on it. Not bad for what was a pig in the poke, plus I can add it to the list of oddball guns I've owned over the years.

Back
Top Bottom