• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Frustrating Day on the Lake

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
Body of Water: Allatoona

Report Title: Frustrating Day on the Lake

Date Fished: 7-12-14

Water Temperature: 83

Weather Conditions: Super Moon!

Report: Went to Allatoona this morning and had a pretty frustrating day. For the first time in a long time we were unable to make bait on our own and had to resort to buying it from Striper Soup up in Acworth. They were out of Threadfin so we had to buy some Gizzard shad if we wanted anything.

Went fishing around the Dam and marked tons of fish on the graph but they weren't interested in what we were selling. First Bite guide service was fishing near us and he was able to get some threadfin on the lake this morning and they were wearing 'em out.

Around 9 I decided I had had enough torture and headed home. I'm gonna try again tomorrow and hopefully have better luck making bait in the morning. I think the cold front coming in next week is going to kill the fishing for a a little while so I'd like to get on these while they are there.

If you can get a hold of some threadfin, tomorrow should be a great day to head out.

I have slalom ski'd from Cushing Park to that dam more times than I can count in the last 25 years. Best fishing I've ever done on Allatoona was at the Etowah basin.

Back
Top Bottom