Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
ils ne passeront pas
415   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS/FT Spanish-American War Matching German Mauser

Zip Code: 30132

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 1000

Trade Value or Items Looking For: 1200+, but WIDE open. Sig or Springfield 1911s, 1903a3, Arisakas, Enfields, Swiss straight-pull, Glock 17/21, M1A, Ruger Precision Rifle (6.5), a bazillion rounds of M2 Ball (+ cash where necessary). Surprise me, worst I'll say is "no, thank you."

Willing to Ship: Yes

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Not your normal "Spanish Mauser." This is a German-made Mauser by Ludwig Loewe (predecessor to DWM) on contract for the Spanish Crown from the Spanish American War. Germany only made this rifle for a few years for Spain, before Spain started making their own. On rarity, Spain made over two million Model 1893 Mausers; Germany only made 200k. Of these 200k, ones returning to Spain had their rear sights modernized at Oviedo. This rifle did not return from Cuba for that refit.

This rifle is an individual American's bring-back or was captured by the US Army and auctioned to the public directly after the war. However, the auction sales of these rifles were reportedly quite low. The quality of this rifle is outstanding. All of the screws and parts (even the sling swivel assembly) still have the Loewe star stamped in them. The cleaning rod IS a replacement if you want it.

Stock looks good and retains the Spanish crest, albeit faint. The bolt is free of rust, and the spring is strong. The action is surprisingly smoother than my 98k. Crown still looks good, and rifling strong, but has some pitting. Keep in mind, this is a 125 year old antique... from a war... in the tropics - so if you're looking for an immaculate match grade shooter, you might be in the wrong place :) . It can also be shipped easily without need of an FFL, since it was made before 1898. I got the rifle from a reputable antique firearms collector last year.

Thanks for looking, and please don't hesitate to PM with any questions or offers!

Pictures:
20200204_225424-jpg.2477627

20200202_223958.jpg
20200202_230647.jpg
20200202_223939.jpg
20200202_224107.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom