Reaction score
Item Name: FS Victory model S&W .38 Special WWII vintage

Zip Code: 30013

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $500.00

Caliber: .38 Special

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Decent WWII era Victory S&W. Has all the appropriate stamps, but the od part is the inspecter generals stamp is on the backstrap. Most reference them to being on the bottom of the frame. Not sure it equates to anything rare...?

Good timing, very nice trigger in both single action and double action. Double action is very smooth.

No trades at this time. Paying for an item I already purchased. Contact me with a PM if you want more photos of markings.
Must have a GA DL and CCW. Meet in Conyers.

View attachment 3247329

View attachment 3247330

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Item Name: FS Victory model S&W .38 Special WWII vintage

Zip Code: 30013

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $500.00

Caliber: .38 Special

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Decent WWII era Victory S&W. Has all the appropriate stamps, but the od part is the inspecter generals stamp is on the backstrap. Most reference them to being on the bottom of the frame. Not sure it equates to anything rare...?

Good timing, very nice trigger in both single action and double action. Double action is very smooth.

No trades at this time. Paying for an item I already purchased. Contact me with a PM if you want more photos of markings.
Must have a GA DL and CCW. Meet in Conyers.

View attachment 3247329

View attachment 3247330

Awsome looking piece, I have one not nearly as nice. The back strap markings are possible from guns purchased by the Isralies as they needed anything they could get in the day. Look for a star of david stamp or small hebrew letter somewhere on the gun. They were known to put stamps on the back strap.

My understanding from another member is the backstrap stamping indicates a use by post war German Police units. No Star of David. No import marks. Does have the "V" prefix. Looks to have been made mid 1942.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom