• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Funny story of Urbans moving to burbs

I know when I was looking here, the same market existed. Houses were being sold sight unseen in more than a couple listings I had interest in. The day I looked at my present house, there were 6 cars of potential buyers out in the road waiting to get in to see it. Fortunately the only perk I had to give the seller was me paying his closing costs instead of getting in a bidding war. It also helped that I was already approved for a mortgage. The market is still in this same period. I"ve talked with a Dr. I see that just got married. They've been looking for over a year for a home, and the same craziness is still going on. The surprising thing was that my own house in the communist state of Ct. sold in less than a week, and for more than listed. It wasn't even listed in the MLS, and didn't have a FS sign at the road. So it's the same all over I think.

Took me a year in the Austin area. We quit bothering to visit the houses pretty early. They were selling in hours; no time to visit. COVID though, we got lucky. There was a sudden and brief lull in July, and we got the house with its own deer herd, and no bidding war. This was I think the either 9th or tenth house we bid on-- seven of them for full price or higher.

Good, Piss on those liberal fuctards!! Uber wealthy, morally and intellectually superior in their own minds, but dumb as a brick when it comes to reality.

In today’s market, why don’t sellers just have an auction ?
Seems like the best way to maximize the selling price

I know a guy that just bought a house in Fayette county and the seller had an auction , 16 people showed up.

The best part of the article was the people selling the house because of wasps nests in the yard .

There are a bunch of "transitional" neighborhoods just outside Atlanta that have been this way for a couple years now. People (mostly investors) are making offers, sight unseen, on houses in somewhat questionable areas. This has helped to create a situation where middle-class families can't seem to find a house, or if they find one, it's sold before they get to look at it or already has numerous full-price or higher offers.

We went thru this a year and a half ago when we were shopping for a house for our son. Investors were buying up houses to flip, at much higher prices than you'd normally see in those areas. If they can buy enough of them, they can change the demographics of the area, and drive the prices even higher...much like what happened in East Atlanta.

Back
Top Bottom