• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Future Mother and Father in law will be here tonight

Relax and be yourself bro, they'll love ya. You're a great guy and they should feel lucky to have you in the family.

Just start with "Guten abend mein herr." and offer him a REAL beer(no budweiser) LOL!

Well, night 1 didn't go so bad. We stayed up until around 2 a.m. talking, sharing stories and laughing a lot. Ends up that her dad is REALLY into guns, so we had some nice long chats about any and all things related to guns. While the women go out shopping today, he and I are going to head to the range to shoot around for a bit.

The only uncomfortable moment was when her dad and mom first got here and they were speaking in German to my fiancee, then looking over at me and laughing. Turns out they were playing a joke on me, pretending like they were talking bad about me....so after the initial WTF feeling I had in my gut, the laughter helped ease the tension. FMIL wants to cook a traditional Swiss dish tonight that has veal in it, which I cannot pronounce. Hopefully it's good.

It WILL be, whether it is or not. LOL!

:lol: Good point.

Last night while me and my fiancee were in the kitchen, she said "No matter what, you'll love what my mom cooks you" and had the most beautiful smile on her face, with a hint in her eyes of "Even if you don't like it, you will like it or your balls will be cut off".

Back
Top Bottom