• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA Wakeboarding/Wakeskating

I used to wakeboard when I was younger and unbothered with injuries or blowing my back out. Lol. Was a lot of fun. Never tried wakeskating as it wasn’t a thing. I’ve hit the old school skurfer a few times. Lake Lanier has a huge amount of activity. So many wealthy kids out riding around in the 80k moomba dad bought, blasting the hip hops lol. It’s been many years for me, but they’re out there.

I was deep into stand up jet ski freestyle. That was my jam. Miss that.

...So many wealthy kids out riding around in the 80k moomba dad bought, blasting the hip hops lol. It’s been many years for me, but they’re out there.
Today, the boats average around $150k, with many models in excess of $200k. However, there are also many lakes looking at legislation to extend wake boats into deeper water, at least 600 ft. from shorelines. My floating dock rises up to 3 feet and the wakes are destroying the shoreline. If all goes well, we will soon get some new legislation to scale back their impact and keep them in only the widest bodies of water. If they stayed out in the center of the main channel below, it would be okay but, unfortunately, they also pull into the creek-side of my property, that is only about 600 feet wide, and those more narrow channels are severely impacted.
1680978855261.png

I spent all of last weekend pouring concrete & re-enforcing the poles holding up my dock because of the damage by these boats. Last year there was a petition to only allow them downstream of 48 bridge. I hope that goes into affect soon. They are causing a lot of costly damage on Lake Wedowee.

Back
Top Bottom