Game of Thrones

Just started watching season 1 last night, bought 1-7 seasons for $99 from wally world, saw lots of titties in 1st 2 shows, then again, sex was one of the few past times back then I reckon,

Remember when Fonzi jumped over the shark on water skis? "Jumping the shark" was the new catch phrase for when a good series turned bad.

I think the last few episodes felt so rushed that GoT will become a new catch phrase for disappointing your invested fans.

Shame of Thrones I think is what they are calling it...

I need to re-watch last night's episode. My wife liked it but I was like, "meh".

I detest the word 'meh'... it's like 'whatever' used to be, but it describes the finale perfectly.

It wasn't the utter disaster that LOST foisted off on us, but it really did seem like they said "we have 17 plot points to address, so here's a scene that covers each of them... doesn't matter if they fit together or not.".

It definitely makes me wish Martin would get off the pot and finish the rest of the books so we can see how it really turns out...

I detest the word 'meh'... it's like 'whatever' used to be, but it describes the finale perfectly.

It wasn't the utter disaster that LOST foisted off on us, but it really did seem like they said "we have 17 plot points to address, so here's a scene that covers each of them... doesn't matter if they fit together or not.".

It definitely makes me wish Martin would get off the pot and finish the rest of the books so we can see how it really turns out...

I got some bad news for you.....

Binge watched the last season over the weekend.

I was fine with how they wrapped it up. My biggest beef with the show over the years has been too many story lines, too difficult to track characters and dialogue and keep it all straight between seasons.

They dramatically accelerated the pace to deal with tidying up all the characters. Fine. Yes, there were some inconsistencies, like the unevenness of the battles, e.g., Dani and dragon(s) vs. the Iron Fleet round 1 and 2. Arya, dodging fire and rubble that a million others couldn't. Annoying, but okay.

It was a remarkable TV series with unprecedented location/set quality, very good special effects, and a good ensemble cast.

I had dinner with customer and her 21 year old daughter last week.

We began to discuss television , daughter asked if I watched Game of Thrones? Nope never seen an episode.

She gasped, you must watch it-it will change your life.

umm no.

Back
Top Bottom