• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Garage Floor Epoxy DIY yes or no

Grub Master

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
102   0
Reaction score
Looking for input on coating my garage floor. It's 25 years old and has the normal stains. Is there a DIY product that will hold up or do I need to hire someone? I know the prep is important. Anyone here had a good experience doing it yourself? Also looking at the plastic tiles but not sure I want water standing between the tiles and floor.

I tried hard on the DIY. Utter failure in 2 garages. My buddy in Griffin has a guy that makes em look like a work of art, AND they hold up.

Just like most other things, Pros do it right.

Mine was fine except on hot days, then it started. Could not convince the ex to leave her car outside till it cooled off.

I’ll try to upload some pics when I get to a laptop. But I did 2 garages myself. First one I’ve used for 6~ years before I moved into my new one. Did the exact same thing and is holding up very well.
Look into rustoleum garage epoxy but not the stuff from Home Depot. You can get it online but make sure it’s the industrial grade stuff.

Top it off with a UV stable clear coat.

I did a 10x 25 concrete walkway with the kit from Lowes. It's totally exposed to elements. It's been done ten years now. Other than faded it's still stuck down right everywhere. I don't think it would be there if there had been oil dripping & stuff. Prep was just pressure washing.

I did my garage floor. It was a new slab, I rented a concrete grinder thing and spent a whole day using it. The floor turned out good and is holding up well over a year later. Only thing I would change would be to add some abrasive stuff for traction bc when it’s wet I have about done a split on multiple occasions in my Walmart flip flops.

The stuff I used is called unt60 from foundationarmor. It’s totally chemical resistant. They have all colors also but I just went clear.

E69ACB5F-351E-4F61-A9FF-C4AAFB033F9F.jpeg
160EE4FF-936F-4983-A66E-E74FA1FFF501.jpeg

I did my garage floor. It was a new slab, I rented a concrete grinder thing and spent a whole day using it. The floor turned out good and is holding up well over a year later. Only thing I would change would be to add some abrasive stuff for traction bc when it’s wet I have about done a split on multiple occasions in my Walmart flip flops.

The stuff I used is called unt60 from foundationarmor. It’s totally chemical resistant. They have all colors also but I just went clear.

View attachment 3138081 View attachment 3138080
That looks nice

yea something like this i'd probably let a pro do it. That said....How much does a pro charge for say 32x24? if i can do it for 10% of their price i'd be doing it myself and just study the heck out of how to do it properly the first time.
Anything near 50% or better i typically let the pros do it.

Back
Top Bottom