• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Garage saga need input

I don't have any advice, or know anyone that can repair the issue you have. I am just dang sorry to hear you are having to go through this my friend. Hang in there!

The original post... https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/contractor-builder-advice.1469800/
The driveway is 4" thick the botched pie shape is his handywork. MRM I've not purchased anything
I'm taking suggestions, weighing options to sue this asshole. Revenge will be sweet even if I get nothing
in court. He has already lost a job the idiot gave me as a reference. He will lose much more through
social media beatdowns and jobsite reviews.

Plinker
Elberton codes forget about it... I have a permit and called the county inspector. He refused to even come on site....

T
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_768.jpg
doorfubar2.jpg

DSC_0005.jpeg

door fubar.jpg

DSC_0038.jpeg

DSC_0047.jpeg

Trench drain or totally replace the drive.
My concern would be water intrusion on that front left corner if he placed wood right on top of the slab.

The garage door isn't as bad as it appears. The final casing and door seals just haven't been installed. After that it should just be a matter of adjusting the door.

I would get an opinion from a licensed architect or home inspector and send a polite demand letter before making any changes.

You might be required to give the contractor notice and an opportunity to cure under georgia law. Read
http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-8/chapter-2/article-1/part-2a/

If I recall thars something in the building code about grading to drain away from structures.

And a building code violation that is certified by a licensed architect or home inspector is prolly the best basis for a claim for the cost of a fix.

But I would send a written demand for repairs first, before with a copy of the architects report, in compliance with the statute.

If the grades and other constraints would allow it my unlicensed engineering fix would be to remove and replace the slab, with a swale to redirect the water. But you should get a licensed architect opinion on that

The original post... https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/contractor-builder-advice.1469800/
The driveway is 4" thick the botched pie shape is his handywork. MRM I've not purchased anything
I'm taking suggestions, weighing options to sue this asshole. Revenge will be sweet even if I get nothing
in court. He has already lost a job the idiot gave me as a reference. He will lose much more through
social media beatdowns and jobsite reviews.

Plinker
Elberton codes forget about it... I have a permit and called the county inspector. He refused to even come on site....

TView attachment 1319109 View attachment 1319110

View attachment 1319114

View attachment 1319118

View attachment 1319121

View attachment 1319125

I installed my two 9 ft wide garage doors and there is zero gap at the top where you show a gap. Your door rails are not properly installed. Gap shown in your pic cannot exist if installer can read door installation instructions. Door should be jam up against door framing and vinyl sealing strip just adds to sealing and fro looks. Remember there is no time limit on poor and/or incorrect workmanship - don't think you even need a contract. Get an expert opinion from and independent building inspector from greater Atlanta area and add his cost to your damages in suit.

Back
Top Bottom