• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gas availability

Max Doppler

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
4   0
Reaction score
I’ve been in Va for three weeks trying to help my mom settle some issues with her farm. Came on a one way flight with the intention of purchasing her old farm pickup and driving it back to ATL area. Trying to leave tomorrow 5/12. Gas stuff has me spooked.

Has anyone run a route similar to Va to Atl and did you have issue finding gas near the interstate? Don’t mind stopping a few times to find some but damned sure not wanting to sleep in the truck while this gets sorted out.

I’ll have limited ability to post from the road and may be slow thanking you but if you have seen what the I64 I85 corridore looks like I sure would appreciate a heads up.

Well I just experienced having a hard time finding available gas today after I got off work. I already filled up the other night and top off when I get off work.

I decided to head further away from the city and found gas that they removed the fuel tax on and it was cheaper... from $2.80 this morning to $2.59 at 6pm

That’s my major question: is it primarily pockets in town that are experiencincing a run on fuel or and would my chances be better off of interstate exits. They got nuthin in the little town I’m in in Va.

1/3 of gas stations are out. Long lines at most stations. Some have 10 gal limit. Cheapest I have seen is $2.82 the highest has been $4.00. I don't think its going to get better until next week. So unless you can get all the fuel you need, I would not do it. But if you did you should be ok, but I would not risk it.

Thanks. I’m concerned. Wouldn’t normally risk it but, again, been staying at Mom’s for three weeks. Losing my sanity here, Mom has seen enogh of me for a while, wife thinks I’ve abandoned her, grass at home is knee high and my dog has forgotten me. Inclined to try it but hate the idea of running out somewhere in between.

Thanks. I’m concerned. Wouldn’t normally risk it but, again, been staying at Mom’s for three weeks. Losing my sanity here, Mom has seen enogh of me for a while, wife thinks I’ve abandoned her, grass at home is knee high and my dog has forgotten me. Inclined to try it but hate the idea of running out somewhere in between.

If you can't get the gas you need locally then you probably won't be able to find it on the road. Fill up with as much gas as you need to make it home. Check Walmart, harbor freight, Northern tool, for gas cans. If you can get the fuel you need then go for it. If not I'd probably stay. Probably fixed by the end of the week. Probably take another week to get reliable gas stores in tanks at stations

If you can't get the gas you need locally then you probably won't be able to find it on the road. Fill up with as much gas as you need to make it home. Check Walmart, harbor freight, Northern tool, for gas cans. If you can get the fuel you need then go for it. If not I'd probably stay. Probably fixed by the end of the week. Probably take another week to get reliable gas stores in tanks at stations
This. Before heading out, buy enough 5 gal cans that combined with your tank will get you home. Get them full before you head out. Otherwise, sit tight.

Back
Top Bottom