Gas block pin for Noveske barrel.

Thanks for filling in the blanks man. I didn't realize that you had two barrels that both came with the pinned GB. It's strange that the pin was digging into the barrel. Sorry you had so much trouble with it. Let us know how it runs and enjoy the new shorty!

Thanks for filling in the blanks man. I didn't realize that you had two barrels that both came with the pinned GB. It's strange that the pin was digging into the barrel. Sorry you had so much trouble with it. Let us know how it runs and enjoy the new shorty!

Honestly I think what you said makes sense. I can see why the gas block wouldn't line up and I ised your advice to check and everything seems straight. That's when I had to confirm with Noveske and he told me what I wanted to hear. however I wouldn't use this information as fact. Just use this as a guide because you never know, they might change up their specs. They seem to change a lot. Noveske used to ship their barrels with it already pinned but now they dont. Also their pins used to be tapered too. Either way, people still have problem with pinning the gas block. IF you google, there's plenty of people who can't get the pin out or in. I believe Noveske made it where once you put it together, it STAYS together!

I have also googled on forums and I did read that OLDER Noveske barrels used tapered pins. They never said which barrel tho! Maybe Noveske still uses tapered for 556 barrels? The forums weren't clesr on what barrel had the tapered pins but from what Tim said and others, it's not tapered for the 300blk.

If you check out Noveske's site, they now reference all the "pinned" gas blocks as using dowel pins. That wording seems to indicate the swap away from taper pins?? Then again, not sure unless someone else got a word back from a Noveske rep??

http://www.shopnoveske.com/collections/barrels/products/lightweight-5-56mm-stainless-barrel

Back
Top Bottom