• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gas cans that dont suck?

how do the new gas cans work?
my old one has a vent hole that i twist off the lid and in the fill hole it holds a tube that is used to pour out the gas into the item using it ans removable plastic block to be put under the lid when not in use

how difficult can a gas can be, its basically a bottle with a plastic or metal tube for the gas to be poured out off and vent hole on the other end

how do the new gas cans work?
my old one has a vent hole that i twist off the lid and in the fill hole it holds a tube that is used to pour out the gas into the item using it ans removable plastic block to be put under the lid when not in use

how difficult can a gas can be, its basically a bottle with a plastic or metal tube for the gas to be poured out off and vent hole on the other end
How difficult? Just involve a govt engineer.

Hey guys

Where can i get gas cans that have the little vent hole on the back? The ones they carry at wally world suck *** for filling up. Are surplus jerry cans worth anything? I'm not trying to spend and arm and a leg on a gas can. I do not want cans that suck however

Don't fool with the new "childproof" DOT gas cans. Get some NATO gas cans and be done with it! These cans are steel, leakproof, self-venting, and hell-for-stout. What they're not is CARB-approved (non-potable water use only). I ordered a few from an off-road Land Rover parts company a few years ago, but a local Atlanta company now carries them in various sizes. Go to: www.urbanlandcruisers.com

Here's how the new gas cans work:

First, you have to pay $18.99 for a one-gallon can. Plus tax. Oh, and you have to show ID when buying it, because God knows the underage vapor-sniffing is a HUGE cultural problem and must be stopped.
Ok, you get it home. You then proceed to take all the safety clasps off the filler cap (to prevent it from accidentally opening in Wal-Mart and causing a Hazmat situation). You unscrew the filler cap and notice there is a tube inside it. You pull that out, but it is capped at the end that the liquid-y stuff is supposed to pour through. It appears that TaserMan used his galactic superpowers to permanently weld the "safety" cap onto the end of the filler spout. You break out your pocketknife and try to pry it between the 2 pieces, but you are no match for Taserman and his powers that the Xing-Chang-Fo Gas can company employs him for. After wrestling with this for 45 minutes, using every tool in the shed including the miter saw, you finally get it free from the spout.
Okay, NOW you can use the gas can. It's almost dark and you haven't even started the lawnmower but heck, victory is yours because you defeated Taserman's powers. You run out for a $4 gallon of Obamagas, and a 6-pack of Zima (ahem....for your wife). You get home and while whistling you put the pour spout on the can and twist it tight. You carefully tilt the can upside down into the mower's tank, and......nothing. Nothing is coming out. You question if Obama secretly replaced the gas with wind power. You whack it a couple of times, try again. Nothing. After about 30 minutes of this, you make sense of the directions faintly imprinted on the side of the spout and realize that you must push the spout INTO the can WHILE pouring it. By now, all the Zimas are gone (ahem, the wife's a lush) and you're out of patience. You rip the spout off, glug glug glug gas all over the mower but hell, 60% makes it into the tank. And Viola!! You're a master of the new and improved Gas Can!

It should be called the Gas Cannot.

I kick myself every summer for selling the five 5 gallon ones that I had up north. Moving co refused to move them. Sold all 5 for 10 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom