• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gas grill catching fire do I replace or go charcoal

Maybe clean the current one first and see how it does.

I suggest getting a new gas grill and cleaning it after each use. You'll never have flare ups that way. For me propane is the best all around option. Keep an extra filled tank on hand in case of an emergency and you can cook if the power goes out.

Charcoal is fine but it's slower and harder to control the temp - you can't just add more coals to quickly bring up the temp. Plus they can cooked unevenly depending how good you spread out the coals.

My favorite type of gas grill was the one where you put the fake rocks in above the burner. They cooked more like charcoal than gas, with a better heat distribution.

I haven't seen one for a while though, so not sure if they still make them.

EDIT: ^^^ I guess they do...

I have a traeger and it’s honestly like cheating for smoking and grilling. Only downside is I wish I would have bought the model that gets hotter because you can really sear a steak. I believe I have the 780. Thinking about selling it and going back to an ole trusty Weber kettle.

Since we’re on the topic…….
IMG_8746.jpeg

If you want to stick with gas get a Weber. It's worth the extra money up front to have a grill that heats evenly and is easily controllable. And they have a great warranty if you need it. Keep it out of the weather or covered and you'll get a very long life out of it. I have both gas and pellet. Originally I had a Weber pellet grill. It was great for about a year and started having pellet feed issues. I finally ditched it and got a Reqtec.

Back
Top Bottom