• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gas grill catching fire do I replace or go charcoal

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
We have a char broil 4 burner gas grill. I have always cooked everything on the lowest setting and it still catches fire often. It’s also always cooked unevenly with hot and cool zones. I’m ready to junk it and start over. The grill is less than two years old.
I like the convenience of gas. I like the ability to have a quick lunch but I’m about to the point I’m returning to charcoal.
I cook wings, burgers, steaks, fish and occasionally a slab of ribs. I only cook for four or us at most. Just trying to decide which way to go at this point

Has the grease pan been emptied?

Sent from my 6165S using Tapatalk
Yes but that may be a contributor. I got used to the neighbors cat knocking it off. I have not noticed it knocked loose for a bit. Going to take it down and clean the trap and burners tomorrow.

If you’re considering getting a new grill, research pellet grills/smokers.
I switched from charcoal about 5 or 6 years ago and love it. Lots of smoke flavor, set it forget it with an accurate thermometer. You can smoke anything , Brisket, Chicken, Turkey, Butts, Wings, etc. Works great.

IMG_8713.jpeg
IMG_8464.jpeg
IMG_8040.jpeg

If you’re considering getting a new grill, research pellet grills/smokers.
I switched from charcoal about 5 or 6 years ago and love it. Lots of smoke flavor, set it forget it with an accurate thermometer. You can smoke anything , Brisket, Chicken, Turkey, Butts, Wings, etc. Works great.
Do you have the patience for charcoal? Don't mind cleaning up the mess afterwards? Go for it.
My family has pellets grills. I'm not convinced.

I used to cook with charcoal. I was a die hard charcoal guy. Gave in got a gas grill for the quick meal hear and there and then guess I got lazy

Back
Top Bottom