GasLand "Documentary" about contaminated water from fracking

I think half of you are ignorant or just blind to the truth.

If there is no problem from it, why are the companies who are fracking paying out settlements with non-disclosure agreements.

Because their lawyers decided it was a cheaper move? Who knows about this kind of stuff. Doesn't necessarily mean something shady is going on.

Here's the thing...even if it's not the safest, greenest thing we have right now, it's a necessary thing for our economy and our national security. Those issues can be figured out and they need to be figured out...but I think it's irresponsible to scare people on this issue like this.

Whats irresponsible is not to disclose the real damage it does, the complete list of chemicals used, what damage the excess
fracking chems left in the well does <- and its a major ammout per well.

I think we would fair alot better if we upped the offshore drilling instead of pouring chemicals know to produce cancers into our water table.

Whats irresponsible is not to disclose the real damage it does, the complete list of chemicals used, what damage the excess
fracking chems left in the well does <- and its a major ammout per well.

I think we would fair alot better if we upped the offshore drilling instead of pouring chemicals know to produce cancers into our water table.

The water tap lights because of methane. Methane pops up in family wells all the time. You can vent the gas out of the water but that cost money and Honey Boo Boo would rather sue somebody.

The fracking "chems" are now food grade and you can drink them. Some bimbo on Fox News did this a few week ago.

The same dudes who worked for BP on their offshore rig are the same dudes working with fracking. It's not the science that's to blame. It's the fat lazy union workers who don't actually inspect their work like they should.

I'm no expert on the matter but whenever somebody spends a **** ton of money to sway my opinion, my bull**** radar goes crazy.

The water tap lights because of methane. Methane pops up in family wells all the time. You can vent the gas out of the water but that cost money and Honey Boo Boo would rather sue somebody.

The fracking "chems" are now food grade and you can drink them. Some bimbo on Fox News did this a few week ago.

The same dudes who worked for BP on their offshore rig are the same dudes working with fracking. It's not the science that's to blame. It's the fat lazy union workers who don't actually inspect their work like they should.

I'm no expert on the matter but whenever somebody spends a **** ton of money to sway my opinion, my bull**** radar goes crazy.

Lmao...My bull**** radar went off when you posted that it can be drank.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydraulic_fracturing
Typical fluid types are:
Conventional linear gels. These gels are cellulose derivatives (carboxymethyl cellulose, hydroxyethyl cellulose, carboxymethyl hydroxyethyl cellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, methyl hydroxyl ethyl cellulose), guar or its derivatives (hydroxypropyl guar, carboxymethyl hydroxypropyl guar) based, with other chemicals providing the necessary chemistry for the desired results.
Borate-crosslinked fluids. These are guar-based fluids cross-linked with boron ions (from aqueous borax/boric acid solution). These gels have higher viscosity at pH 9 onwards and are used to carry proppants. After the fracturing job the pH is reduced to 3&#8211;4 so that the cross-links are broken and the gel is less viscous and can be pumped out.
Organometallic-crosslinked fluids zirconium, chromium, antimony, titanium salts are known to crosslink the guar based gels. The crosslinking mechanism is not reversible. So once the proppant is pumped down along with the cross-linked gel, the fracturing part is done. The gels are broken down with appropriate breakers.[43]
Aluminium phosphate-ester oil gels. Aluminium phosphate and ester oils are slurried to form cross-linked gel. These are one of the first known gelling systems.

Lmao...My bull**** radar went off when you posted that it can be drank.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydraulic_fracturing
Typical fluid types are:
Conventional linear gels. These gels are cellulose derivatives (carboxymethyl cellulose, hydroxyethyl cellulose, carboxymethyl hydroxyethyl cellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, methyl hydroxyl ethyl cellulose), guar or its derivatives (hydroxypropyl guar, carboxymethyl hydroxypropyl guar) based, with other chemicals providing the necessary chemistry for the desired results.
Borate-crosslinked fluids. These are guar-based fluids cross-linked with boron ions (from aqueous borax/boric acid solution). These gels have higher viscosity at pH 9 onwards and are used to carry proppants. After the fracturing job the pH is reduced to 3&#8211;4 so that the cross-links are broken and the gel is less viscous and can be pumped out.
Organometallic-crosslinked fluids zirconium, chromium, antimony, titanium salts are known to crosslink the guar based gels. The crosslinking mechanism is not reversible. So once the proppant is pumped down along with the cross-linked gel, the fracturing part is done. The gels are broken down with appropriate breakers.[43]
Aluminium phosphate-ester oil gels. Aluminium phosphate and ester oils are slurried to form cross-linked gel. These are one of the first known gelling systems.

Google "CleanStim".

You are going to **** yourself when you see the company behind it.

P.S. They are using it for water wells! :tape2:

because coal slush is cleaner?
Oil spills are safer?
Nuclear waste isn't as toxic or proximity to nuclear plants?

I'm with Stossel those people are BANANA people.

Google "CleanStim".

You are going to **** yourself when you see the company behind it.

P.S. They are using it for water wells! :tape2:
They can say they are using cherry koolaid.

Which one of these do you want to drink?

And this is just some of the known chemicals,over 65% are kept secret under the guise of trade secrets

http://www.businessinsider.com/ther...acking-fluid-at-this-pennsylvania-site-2012-5

Natural gas drilling and hydraulic fracturing chemicals with 10 or more health effects

• 2,2',2"-Nitrilotriethanol
• 2-Ethylhexanol
• 5-Chloro-2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one
• Acetic acid
• Acrolein
• Acrylamide (2-propenamide)
• Acrylic acid
• Ammonia
• Ammonium chloride
• Ammonium nitrate
• Aniline
• Benzyl chloride
• Boric acid
• Cadmium
• Calcium hypochlorite
• Chlorine
• Chlorine dioxide
• Dibromoacetonitrile 1
• Diesel 2
• Diethanolamine
• Diethylenetriamine
• Dimethyl formamide
• Epidian
• Ethanol (acetylenic alcohol)
• Ethyl mercaptan
• Ethylbenzene

• Ethylene glycol
• Ethylene glycol monobutyl ether (2-BE)
• Ethylene oxide
• Ferrous sulfate
• Formaldehyde
• Formic acid
• Fuel oil #2
• Glutaraldehyde
• Glyoxal
• Hydrodesulfurized kerosene
• Hydrogen sulfide
• Iron
• Isobutyl alcohol (2-methyl-1-propanol)
• Isopropanol (propan-2-ol)
• Kerosene
• Light naphthenic distillates, hydrotreated
• Mercaptoacidic acid
• Methanol
• Methylene bis(thiocyanate)
• Monoethanolamine
• NaHCO3

• Naphtha, petroleum medium aliphatic
• Naphthalene
• Natural gas condensates
• Nickel sulfate
• Paraformaldehyde
• Petroleum distillate naptha
• Petroleum distillate/ naphtha
• Phosphonium, tetrakis(hydroxymethyl)-sulfate
• Propane-1,2-diol
• Sodium bromate
• Sodium chlorite (chlorous acid, sodium salt)
• Sodium hypochlorite
• Sodium nitrate
• Sodium nitrite
• Sodium sulfite
• Styrene
• Sulfur dioxide
• Sulfuric acid
• Tetrahydro-3,5-dimethyl-2H-1,3,5-thiadiazine-2-thione (Dazomet)
• Titanium dioxide
• Tributyl phosphate
• Triethylene glycol
• Urea
• Xylene

Bio, the key here is that these fluids are not pumped into the underground aquifers. They are pumped into the gas/oil production zones, which are typically THOUSANDS of feet beneath freshwater aquifers. Unless a fracture extends vertically for thousands of feet, penetrating various confining layers, contamination of freshwater aquifers is not going to occur. Can it occur? In some cases, yes, such as when a fracture intercepts an old, poorly-constructed wellbore, but it's certainly not the norm.

Back
Top Bottom