• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

GasLand "Documentary" about contaminated water from fracking

Fracking takes place at several thousand feet down. Only below the bedrock.

I am no expert on fracking technology, but this "documentary" really reminds me of the real deep bull**** in similar "documentaries" like "Bowling for Columbine," "Food Inc," or "An Uncomfortable Truth."

The producers and directors just structure the whole thing to look like something National Geographic might make.... Just to fool people into thinking they are unbiased.

I made it about 30 minutes into that Food Inc. one and I just couldn't stand it anymore. I cannot tolerate this genre. I ain't paying to watch complete propaganda.

Of all these, the only one I saw any part of was the food one. It was completely retarded-just showed some idiot family claiming that they were too poor and helpless to actually buy any fruits or vegetables at the grocery store, so they ate at McDonald's every meal. I wanted to burn the DVD, it was so stupid.

I thought about seeing that "uncomfortable truth" crap just so I would know what the enemy was up to. When I noticed the cover depicted a hurricane CIRCULATING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION, that was it for me! I couldn't even make past the cover on that one.

I just can't deal with these things. Much better ways to waste my time.

Bio, the key here is that these fluids are not pumped into the underground aquifers. They are pumped into the gas/oil production zones, which are typically THOUSANDS of feet beneath freshwater aquifers. Unless a fracture extends vertically for thousands of feet, penetrating various confining layers, contamination of freshwater aquifers is not going to occur. Can it occur? In some cases, yes, such as when a fracture intercepts an old, poorly-constructed wellbore, but it's certainly not the norm.

I do understand that but, It dont matter if all they used is dish detergent, you cant keep pumping stuff in the ground without consequences.

Like I said earlier, people who have had perfect water before now do not.
The companies doing the work are forking out setlements. I can promise you that no company would issue a settlement
if they didnt think they were at fault, They would be counter sueing.

I do understand that but, It dont matter if all they used is dish detergent, you cant keep pumping stuff in the ground without consequences.

Like I said earlier, people who have had perfect water before now do not.
The companies doing the work are forking out setlements. I can promise you that no company would issue a settlement
if they didnt think they were at fault, They would be counter sueing.

i saw that movie.........Erin Brockovich??

Here you guys go that think its so safe.

There is big..big money to be made leasing out your land for this to be done on.

Who want to stand behind " its all good " and let them do it on the land you live on.

Here you guys go that think its so safe.

There is big..big money to be made leasing out your land for this to be done on.

Who want to stand behind " its all good " and let them do it on the land you live on.

I'd be down, then if anything was wrong with my water, even if it wasn't his fault, I could sue and get a quick settlement since it is cost effective to settle then go to court. And non-disclosures are there so others don't know the settlement amounts.

They can say they are using cherry koolaid.

Which one of these do you want to drink?

And this is just some of the known chemicals,over 65% are kept secret under the guise of trade secrets

http://www.businessinsider.com/ther...acking-fluid-at-this-pennsylvania-site-2012-5

Natural gas drilling and hydraulic fracturing chemicals with 10 or more health effects

• 2,2',2"-Nitrilotriethanol
• 2-Ethylhexanol
• 5-Chloro-2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one
• Acetic acid
• Acrolein
• Acrylamide (2-propenamide)
• Acrylic acid
• Ammonia
• Ammonium chloride
• Ammonium nitrate
• Aniline
• Benzyl chloride
• Boric acid
• Cadmium
• Calcium hypochlorite
• Chlorine
• Chlorine dioxide
• Dibromoacetonitrile 1
• Diesel 2
• Diethanolamine
• Diethylenetriamine
• Dimethyl formamide
• Epidian
• Ethanol (acetylenic alcohol)
• Ethyl mercaptan
• Ethylbenzene

• Ethylene glycol
• Ethylene glycol monobutyl ether (2-BE)
• Ethylene oxide
• Ferrous sulfate
• Formaldehyde
• Formic acid
• Fuel oil #2
• Glutaraldehyde
• Glyoxal
• Hydrodesulfurized kerosene
• Hydrogen sulfide
• Iron
• Isobutyl alcohol (2-methyl-1-propanol)
• Isopropanol (propan-2-ol)
• Kerosene
• Light naphthenic distillates, hydrotreated
• Mercaptoacidic acid
• Methanol
• Methylene bis(thiocyanate)
• Monoethanolamine
• NaHCO3

• Naphtha, petroleum medium aliphatic
• Naphthalene
• Natural gas condensates
• Nickel sulfate
• Paraformaldehyde
• Petroleum distillate naptha
• Petroleum distillate/ naphtha
• Phosphonium, tetrakis(hydroxymethyl)-sulfate
• Propane-1,2-diol
• Sodium bromate
• Sodium chlorite (chlorous acid, sodium salt)
• Sodium hypochlorite
• Sodium nitrate
• Sodium nitrite
• Sodium sulfite
• Styrene
• Sulfur dioxide
• Sulfuric acid
• Tetrahydro-3,5-dimethyl-2H-1,3,5-thiadiazine-2-thione (Dazomet)
• Titanium dioxide
• Tributyl phosphate
• Triethylene glycol
• Urea
• Xylene

Here's the kicker. Any $200 reverse osmosis system will filter out everything you listed. If I was drinking well water, I'd have one no matter where I lived. It just makes sense. Now if all the SmallTown USAs' out there upgraded their treatment plants to reverse osmosis this would be a moot point.
I'm not educated in drilling and I'm most certainly not in favor of unlimited drilling. It's just anyone who pays attention knows this whole thing is a game between Soros and the Koch brothers.

Back
Top Bottom