• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GEMTECH and S&W Suppressor

Jackspack

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Addicted to the Shindig
868   0
Reaction score
I have an older GEMTECH Trinity. Bought it from G Man in Douglasville in 2008. I only have the push lock tri-lug receiver. Occasionally the spring won’t depress and retract. In the past, I’d send it to GEMTECH and it would be fixed and returned in 2-3 days with a bill for a new spring.

Enter S&W technical support. I sent it in a week or so ago. This time I get it back with “The enclosed suppressor is beyond repair.”

I call them for clarification. The tech support guy goes and looks at the service notes and tells me “we no longer work on that model.” Ok- that’s a completely different issue. I ask him why they didn’t say that on the letter, he said “they may have checked the box on the closest response to the issue.”

But the option directly above the one selected is “The encloses suppressor is an obsolete model, we may no longer have any parts available for this model.”

S&W support. You could do better. You buy a good company with good support and manage to screw it up, but you can’t even check the correct box on a form letter.

I worry far less about the ongoing support at Dead Air or Silencerco.

Is there *meant* to be a lifetime warranty on Gemtech gear?

I worry far less about the ongoing support at Dead Air or Silencerco.

Is there *meant* to be a lifetime warranty on Gemtech gear?
No. I don’t expect a lifetime warranty. But a spring is a spring and buying one shouldn’t be a problem.

If they can’t check the right box on a form letter how do I know that they treated my return with due diligence. Did they even look at it or just NOPE it.

I had some problems with S&W a couple years ago with a Performance Center revolver I bought.

The barrel was clocked by about 5 degrees - so it would have been obvious to a QA guy that the thing hadn't been resolved. I returned it and they'd cleaned and 'checked it', but the barrel was still clocked. Back it went, with a note asking for the gunsmith to call me when they worked on it.

If I'd left it to them taking their own initiative, I'm sure it would have come back clocked again.

To update this thread, I took my can up to the Prep Store at the crossroads (actual name escapes me). The owner Worked on the can for about 10 minutes and popped the piston right out.

Great store. Great inventory. Knowledgeable owner. I’m glad he’s up on our end of Paulding.

Back
Top Bottom