• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gen 4 Glocks problem solved????

John_Wick

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
32   0
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a Gen 4 Glock 19. Just wondering if anyone has bought one recently since they upgraded the RSA and the ejector. I would really like to have G19 RTF but i have the money and no patience lol. Should I wait and try to find a RTF or go ahead a get a gen 4? Thanks

Everybody I have talked to have not had a problem since they had glock send them the new recoil springs. They should be good to go now. Just wait for what you really want though. good things come to those who wait because waiting sucks :)

Took my 23 to Glock before I ever shot it and they updated whatever it was that needed updating. Have not had any issue at all through a few hundred rounds. A couple of casings have flown just over my head but I can't say they didn't bounce off the wall first so....

I was a bit weary about the gen4 too, so I bought a gen 3 recoil spring from Wolf along with a $10 adapter from Wolf that lets me use (any) the gen 3 recoil spring in the gen 4. All it does is keeps the recoil spring from exiting the slide tip since the gen4 now has a huge opening up front. I haven't had to use it yet though but probably will if I end up getting a 9mm conversion barrel since the stock 23 spring is pretty stiff.

Glock also put in a new connector that lightened up the trigger. Feels much better than before but Still not crazy about the Glock trigger in general. But the main reason I bought the Glock was because of the local service.

I wouldn't worry about those issues. You're going to shoot hundreds of rounds through it before you can have confidence in it anyhow, no matter the brand. Plus, they go really fast on the ODT so worst case you lose a few bucks. Hope this helps.

havent had any problems with my gen 4 just look at the spring if it has just 04 on it it could be a problem but the ones they fix the problem with are the 043 and no problems with those.

The Gen4 G19/17 were the only ones i ever saw that had any major probs. I think some folks got confused and thought ALL the Gen4s had problems, the 2 GEN4s i had never had an issue, one had old parts too.

Back
Top Bottom