• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gender Reveal Party

DreadPirate

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
3   0
Reaction score
We found out two weeks ago that we will be blessed yet again with a new baby next spring. My eighteen year-old daughter and her friends, not attempting to hide their excitement at all, approached us with plans for a gender reveal party in a few of weeks, by which time we will know the sex of the child. Their chosen theme is "Guns & Roses" (yes, I raised her well), and she wants to release a set of helium balloons that I shoot as it rises about forty feet above the ground, showing the party with colored paper confetti showing the sex. I think it is a great idea, but my HOA would most likely frown upon it being held in the neighborhood. Does anyone know of public land in or near Cumming that allows the discharge of firearms?

Shooting at a 45 degree angle into the air is a pretty good way to launch a round into the next county. If you have an HOA you are in way too dense an area to do that safely.

Maybe use an air rifle instead? At least that way you won't kill someone walking their dog a mile down range.

Back
Top Bottom