• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

General rant

I have known 2 older people & one younger person who send text messages or pass along Internet memes between 11 PM and 4 AM!

One of these people also has an early morning job and might do texting and photo sharing at 5 AM on the way to work.

I'm told by these people that I can stop my phone from sounding or vibrating or lighting up for text messages that come in during the middle of the night, by choosing a setting called "turn off notifications."

But instead I usually just block those phone numbers and leave them blocked for weeks afterward.

If we’re discussing a possible deal and after a few PMs you ask for my number, to which I reply here it’s but I prefer we keep this to PM until deal is finalized, please don’t call and text me at almost 1am 3 days after that PM convo. That’s is all.

Long story short got a PM from a guy about one of my listings 3 days ago. Said member hasn’t replied to me since Wednesday so I assumed he moved on or didn’t want the item anymore. Until he called me at 12:55am last night then proceeded to text when I didn’t answer.

Not cool. That’s why I don’t like giving out my contact info when people ask. Against my better judgement here we are. Lesson learned.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m fine talking on the phone but no reason to call me at that time unless we’re good friends or family and you need help. Otherwise it can wait till normal hours.
Someone once said: Cocaine is a powerful drug

Someone once said: Cocaine is a powerful drug
img_1_1705112841007.jpg

Back
Top Bottom