• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Georgia Power rate increase!

Here lies the problem, will you ever do it? I doubt it. So many ifs, buts, rest sssured there is still maintenance costs involved in which you have to buy from consumers also.
I could easily get the process started. Financially we are set that way. Just because I complain about the monthly cost of our electric bill, doesn’t mean we don’t have the financial aptitude to cover it. I’d rather not fatten someone else’s wallet. That’s my greedy selfishness I suppose.

Maintenance is not a problem either. It’s no different than owning a home. Everything requires maintenance. But little bits here and there still don’t negate the investment. Money being paid to the power/gas company is 💸💸💸💸 with absolutely no return ever…..unless you’re the utility company.

I could easily get the process started. Financially we are set that way. Just because I complain about the monthly cost of our electric bill, doesn’t mean we don’t have the financial aptitude to cover it. I’d rather not fatten someone else’s wallet. That’s my greedy selfishness I suppose.

Maintenance is not a problem either. It’s no different than owning a home. Everything requires maintenance. But little bits here and there still don’t negate the investment. Money being paid to the power/gas company is 💸💸💸💸 with absolutely no return ever…..unless you’re the utility company.
Let me know when you get it put in and have the power company turn existing power off. As for now they have you. Yes I retired from a power plant and I pay just as you, complaining gets nowhere, just as costs rises so will power, groceries, gas, water, sewer, I get it, it’s frustrating but unless you go off the grid completely you and your family just like any other on this site will have a monthly bill for necessities. I just hope to sustain till I leave out of here to live in a fully furnished home. Done made my reservations.
Words have to be converted to actions, or else it never happens.

Wikipedia says re: Vogtle: "During the construction of Vogtle's first two units, capital investment required jumped from an estimated $660 million to $8.87 billion.[7]($18.3 billion in 2022 dollars[8])".

Also:
"Southern Company CEO Thomas A. Fanning's pay skyrocketed 77.5%, or $12,162,957, from 2017 to 2019. In 2019, Fanning was the highest-paid utility CEO in America at a chart-topping $27,865,185 in total compensation."

Them yachts ain't gonna pay for themselves boys, so shut up and turn up yours thermostats!

Which economist?
Here is some of what I read.

"Since 2009, this has been 100 percent artificial, unprecedented money printing and deficits: $27 trillion over 15 years, to be exact," Harry Dent told Fox Business on Tuesday. "This is off the charts, 100 percent artificial, which means we're in a dangerous state. I think 2024 is going to be the biggest single crash year we'll see in our lifetimes."

Wikipedia says re: Vogtle: "During the construction of Vogtle's first two units, capital investment required jumped from an estimated $660 million to $8.87 billion.[7]($18.3 billion in 2022 dollars[8])".

Also:
"Southern Company CEO Thomas A. Fanning's pay skyrocketed 77.5%, or $12,162,957, from 2017 to 2019. In 2019, Fanning was the highest-paid utility CEO in America at a chart-topping $27,865,185 in total compensation."

Them yachts ain't gonna pay for themselves boys, so shut up and turn up yours thermostats!
Fanning's no longer CEO

We're paying for the exorbitant cost overruns.... The have been billions over budget since the inception!!! They say "We can build it for XXX dollars to get it passed knowing full well they can't build it for that !!!! I was in the Navy working Submarine new construction in Groton Connecticut and witness General Dynamics constantly submitting cost overruns to the Navy because they had way underbid the contract to get it!!!!

We're paying for the exorbitant cost overruns.... The have been billions over budget since the inception!!! They say "We can build it for XXX dollars to get it passed knowing full well they can't build it for that !!!! I was in the Navy working Submarine new construction in Groton Connecticut and witness General Dynamics constantly submitting cost overruns to the Navy because they had way underbid the contract to get it!!!!
no one can do math! They bid the job just to put an influx of change orders so that they can pad their own pockets. Everyone is a they bid the job just to put an influx of change orders so that they can pad their own pockets. Everyone is a crook. your pastor, your doctor, your pharmacist, your farmer, every single living business person.

Back
Top Bottom