• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Get home pack. What do you have in it?

I was hooked on eating protein bars with artificial sweetener for a couple of years. Sometimes I would eat an entire box (5) for lunch. Eventually I decided that they made me very weak and in need of a nap after eating them. So I stopped eating the protein bars and I no longer get weak and nappy during the day. If you look around on the internet you can see other folks complaining about artificial sweetener induced weakness also. For example...

https://www.3fatchicks.com/five-health-side-effects-of-splenda-sucralose/

http://www.splendaexposed.com/articles/2006/02/sheilas_case_hi.html

At least some of the CLIF bars do not contain any artifical sweeteners, so I believe those would be good for storable emergency rations. IMO the best bars would be a combination of whey protein and real sweetener, but I don’t know which bars that would be.

I'd just added a Ruger 10/22 takedown with the Magpul backpacker stock to mine and my wife's bug out bag. I'm about to order a integrally suppressed barrel for them.

This is the exact build I'm going for :

To me SHTF equals...I got to move - now. No sorting my bag to determine what I can take
or leave behind. I must leave this moment - with a light weight Grab & Go bag. If I survive,
I will scavenge other necessities as I move about.

On the other hand, if we are trying to survive 2/3 days until the weather clears, that is a
different matter. I carry items in my truck for this scenario, but these items are not part
of my mobile grab & go.

To me SHTF equals...I got to move - now. No sorting my bag to determine what I can take
or leave behind. I must leave this moment - with a light weight Grab & Go bag. If I survive,
I will scavenge other necessities as I move about.

On the other hand, if we are trying to survive 2/3 days until the weather clears, that is a
different matter. I carry items in my truck for this scenario, but these items are not part
of my mobile grab & go.

I agree, except for the fact of you live where I live. I live on 16 acres by the Georgia South Carolina border, so I'm already in the country. I would have to bug in

My Grab-n-Go bags consists of: 9mm with 4mags, knife, compass,
1st aid kit, water proof matches/lighter, life straw/water bottle, rope,
plastic tarp, light weight blanket, 1 change of cloths & hiking booths.

I can live off the land (even in an urban environment ) for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom