• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Get home pack. What do you have in it?

Everything I can fit and then some... Summer stuff like water and light clothes, winter stuff like mylar blankets and thick socks and boots, and all the regular stuff in between, including food, fire, first aid and extra ammo, mags and a lever action 30-30.

I figure I can always strip it down and leave the excess in the truck if I get stuck somewhere. Better to have it and not need it than visa versa. plus any extras are safer in the locked up truck than anyplace else I might be outside my house.

If I did MARTA or something it would be a whole different story, but the truck is always where I am, so it makes sense to use that capacity to the fullest.

Everything I can fit and then some... Summer stuff like water and light clothes, winter stuff like mylar blankets and thick socks and boots, and all the regular stuff in between, including food, fire, first aid and extra ammo, mags and a lever action 30-30.

I figure I can always strip it down and leave the excess in the truck if I get stuck somewhere. Better to have it and not need it than visa versa. plus any extras are safer in the locked up truck than anyplace else I might be outside my house.

If I did MARTA or something it would be a whole different story, but the truck is always where I am, so it makes sense to use that capacity to the fullest.

Good plan, but consider this. You're headed home during SHTF, truck gets wrecked or runs over something that makes it undriveable. That may not be the time to be sorting through your shi... Er, stuff. I agree with your basic idea, but might be a good idea to also have a grab & go pack already stocked for the season in case you have to leave the area quickly.

Good plan, but consider this. You're headed home during SHTF, truck gets wrecked or runs over something that makes it undriveable. That may not be the time to be sorting through your shi... Er, stuff. I agree with your basic idea, but might be a good idea to also have a grab & go pack already stocked for the season in case you have to leave the area quickly.

Mostly it is separated into similar stuff bagged together. First aid has a bag, camping gear has a bigger bag, ammo has a dry-box, winter and summer clothes have their own backpack that rotates in/out based on the season, etc..

It would take a few minutes to 'build' the kit that is actually going to be in the backpack for the walk home, and if the truck gets wrecked you're right that all bets are off, but it was the best plan I could come up with.

Consider what the heat of GA in the summer does to anything stored in your vehicle...also make adjustments for your water intake...I hate when my snickers melt :(

The food items I have are all USCG rated emergency rations... they wouldn't melt if you hit them with a torch. Or maybe that's the only way to break off a chunk.

I do cycle my first aid stuff (aspirin, burn cream, etc.) through every year though, just because of that.

So what would you have in your get home pack? ... Are there bridges or roads that could be closed or destroyed?

The scenario could be anything ...

So, if I'm at work in Atlanta and I'm making my way home to the north Georgia mountains, you're darn right that I could close the roads and destroy the bridges as I go. That would keep t hose hoards of city folk out of my pristine wilderness, and stop them from competing for my deer and wild blackberries.

How much does a brick of TNT weigh, anyway? What gauge wire do I need to set off a blasting cap with one of these mini detonator units?

hand-twist-military-army-blasting_1_d53387eb3b118e6307707b1ee1a7abf6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom