• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Get it while you can... 9mm 115gr - $299 + shipping

I tried telling people this months ago when it all began, but of course they did not listen and look where we are now. I'm glad I prepared for this years ago. I learned the lesson once, and once was enough.

Panics have become too predictable for most of us. Gauging how bad they will be can be more difficult. This one is pretty bad. The worst since 2012-2013.

Here lately I have been stocking up on more shotgun shells, .38's and .270. I am not in desperate need of anything, but can always use more of these and they are readily available.

I went by Ga Arms on Saturday and they had 9mm, .223, etc...They will only sell a certain amount to each person (understandable), and their prices were a little high, IMO, but at least they had some in stock...Of course it was crowded in there too.
I have (like others) seen several panics and a few mini-panics. After the Pulse nightclub shooting I was certain Congress would pass some new law so ordered a "shooting lifetime" of components. Glad I did. This will settle down but the Panicdemic will keep supplies low for the next year.

Reactions: MRH
I have (like others) seen several panics and a few mini-panics. After the Pulse nightclub shooting I was certain Congress would pass some new law so ordered a "shooting lifetime" of components. Glad I did. This will settle down but the Panicdemic will keep supplies low for the next year.

I've seen predictions of next summer before things start to look normal again. I completely agree it will be at least a year.

People are so predictable. Ammo panics are stupid. It gets old.

The "I'll save money reloading" boat left the dock in March. Best to just wait until 2021.

This is where I'm at right now. I don't have any of the reloading gear, I do have 4-5k 9mm cases that I'm saving. I plan to get there some day.. Just couldn't come up with a component list that saved money when ammo existed on the shelves.

Lol not cost efficient...... I load 124gr fmj 9mm for 110 bucks per 1k and you just paid 300 bucks for 115gr. Ammo

With powder coated cast projectiles am at about 90 bucks per 1k for 124gr 9mmView attachment 2772859

I could never come up with a component list to justify the cost. Educate me and send me yours..

Good God you are just lazy. You have never tried to come up with a list. Its pretty easy 30 bucks for a brick of primers 20 bucks for a pound of powder 63 bucks for 1000 124gr. Fmj

You must be one of those grumpy old men on here. If you will read my comments I haven't started reloading yet because what I researched I couldn't get the component list together for it to make since to me. Maybe I was doing it wrong, I don't know. But what ever man... back to what you were doing.

This is where I'm at right now. I don't have any of the reloading gear, I do have 4-5k 9mm cases that I'm saving. I plan to get there some day.. Just couldn't come up with a component list that saved money when ammo existed on the shelves.

Maybe my cost were so high when I looked into it a year or so ago because I was trying to figure out how long it would take me to recoup the money form the press.

I’ve just been collecting brass and ingots of lead. One day I’ll invest in reloading equipment but currently it’s all way over priced. I’m not paying 1.5-2x for a press right now. When prices are better I should of plenty of lead to cast and casings ready though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe my cost were so high when I looked into it a year or so ago because I was trying to figure out how long it would take me to recoup the money form the press.
This is most likely the issue. If you really want to get into reloading, I would suggest you start here:
https://www.amazon.com/C-Kerman-Out...&keywords=lee+reloading&qid=1597764614&sr=8-4
Read it with the understanding that they want to sell their own products, then get another one from Speer, Hornady, etc. If fact, you can't have too many reloading manuals. After reading, you'll have a better idea of what you need/want.

Back
Top Bottom